Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 170 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas such as intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, Siemens Mobility posted revenue of €9.05 billion and had 38,500 employees worldwide. For the new Siemens Mobility spin-off of Yunex Pte. Ltd. in Sydney we are looking for a Project Commercial Professional for the Australian business.
An exciting opportunity is available for a motivated commercial professional to apply their strong commercial project delivery knowledge while also taking on responsibility in supporting the Asia Pacific Finance Controller as well as being responsible for the compliance governance framework for Yunex in Australia with support of the overseas Headquarter colleagues The Project Commercial Professional to join our Yunex Team will be based in our Sydney office in Macquarie Park, NSW but a move into Sydney CBD is foreseen in the near future. The primary responsibility will be the Commercial Project Management of a newly won road maintenance project including the holistic reporting of all project KPI’s including active Contract Management.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Lead a major project according to the PM@Siemens guideline reporting directly to the CFO.
- Interact, cooperate and collaborate with a diverse and multi-cultural project team and drive success across business units.
- Ensuring the compliance and accuracy with the LoA guidelines and project books for all commercial aspects.
- Supporting the Project Manager in managing financial results, targets, project gross profit and cash flow using assets and financing instruments.
- Actively communicating with customer's and subcontractors’ commercial representatives while managing the resolution of commercial issues.
- contract management throughout the project delivery phase and drive positive claim management on the project.
- Setting up contract and claim management strategies align in cooperation with the Project Manager.
- Supporting the project team in identifying, evaluating and assessing risk and opportunities, strategies and response activities
- Representing the project in the relevant decision boards internally and externally.
- Support the Head of Finance and Performance Management in Singapore on the reporting requirements of Yunex Australia
- Lead and own compliance governance tasks in cooperation with Headquarter colleagues in Germany for the Australian Yunex Entity
- Support future bids and opportunities with your commercial knowledge and expertise
- Facilitate month end clearing as well as the forecast and budget process for Yunex Australia including cost center controlling
The successful candidate demonstrates following experience & skills:
- Degree qualified in Business, Commerce, Accounting or Economics, with sound understanding of Project Management methodologies.
- A minimum of 5 years of commercial project execution experience.
- Experience in a project-based organisation which is essential for this role, as well as capabilities in project accounting.
- Ideally you have experience with the application and execution of the PM@Siemens project management and have a corresponding commercial project certification.
- Strong leadership and communication skills, ability to build sound working relationships paired with your experience in executing contracts.
- Experience with compliance and internal control frameworks
- Strong SAP and Excel skills are mandatory, further knowledge of Business Intelligence tools such as Tableau or Power BI will be of advantage
- Experience in Contract Management and commercial tendering activities
- Experience in basic cost controlling and accounting including month end closing, forecasting and budgeting processes
- We trust that you will contribute to improvements in processes and working practices while always keeping in mind the target of making our customers’ lives easier.
- Strong Ownership culture with the ability to work independently.
- Positive mindset and the ability to work effectively with colleagues across hierarchies and countries
- You will also have full working rights in Australia.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time