Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Staff Electrical Engineer. The Staff Electrical Engineer will provide high quality engineering and analytical expertise for all embedded electronics hardware design and development projects within Laboratory Diagnostics (LD), Global Engineering Organization (GEO) for Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics, Inc.
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Staff Electrical
Engineer, you will be responsible for:
· Quality, timeliness and costs-effectiveness of electronics designs for new development projects as well as commercialized products within LD Global Engineering Organization.
· Implementation, characterization and verification of circuit designs.
· Works closely with Embedded Software, Mechanical, Systems, and Software Applications Engineers as well as with Reliability and Test Engineers on full integration of electrical sub-system into product development.
· Timely and high-quality documentation of design progress, knowledge growth, preparation and execution of technical reviews.
· Works with external vendors in close cooperation with supply chain management.
· Travels as required by of cross-site product development.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
· Demonstrated ability to independently investigate, design, develop and troubleshoot microprocessor/controller based embedded system design as well as mixed signal circuit.
· Schematic Capture & Simulation. Proficient in Mentor Graphics schematics development tool set is a plus.
· Ability to provide PCB layout guidance and supervise the process of layout design.
· Practical experience in real time control of electro-mech, stepper motors and thermal elements
· Knowledge of programming languages such as C, assembly and LabView.
· Familiarity with RS-232, RS485, CAN, Ethernet and other serial communication protocols.
· Enjoys hands-on work in the lab. Build, test and refine prototypes to meet design specifications through verification.
· Experience spanning all phases of product development from concept creation through commercialization.
· Demonstrated good understanding of Signal Integrity, EMC testing and test standards.
· Self-starter with strong analytical skills and ability to manage multiple tasks while maintaining strong interpersonal and communications skills in a collaborative development environment.
· Experience of working in multi-discipline teams.
· Bachelor’s or higher Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent field with 8+ years of demonstrated practical success in electronics design.
· Experience in product development for Medical/Automation/Aerospace/Automotive industry is a plus.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.