Siemens Government Technologies is seeking a Building Controls Technician to assist with the execution of a managed services project for a long-term and progressive U.S. Government customer in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Join an existing on-site staff that maintains, repairs, expands, and upgrades a large campus-wide HVAC building controls system
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance to ensure issues are detected early and resolved before the equipment fails
- Troubleshoot and repair field wiring and sensors, perform modifications to MBC's and PXC's, replace sensors and reprogram components, and troubleshoot P1 & P2 trunks
- Perform root cause analysis of HVAC controls systems malfunctions while striving for continuous improvement and making recommendations to the customer
- Create PPCL programs, databases, graphics, and alarms
- Startup and commissioning of complete Building Automation Systems
- Work closely with installation subcontractors and coordinate work with them to ensure projects are completed on time and per code, standards and contract requirements
- Perform a point to point checkout per standard procedures
- Perform quality control functions related to the maintenance of PPCL programs, database, graphics, alarms, the startup and commissioning of Apogee BAS systems
- Perform software/hardware calibration required for proper equipment and system operation
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Ten Five or more (10+) years’ experience with working controls knowledge of AHU’s, chiller plants, complex fan systems, and building controls head-ends and a minimum of five (5) years experience in Siemens Control Systems
- Training in basics of mechanical of HVAC equipment from a technical school or certifications received during training classes from industry vendors
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, building drawings and technical guides
- Ability to effectively communicate progress, status, and issues to internal and external customers
- Interpersonal skills; telephone skills; patience; problem solving skills; attention to detail; organization skills; accuracy; time management; must be able to perform inspection of work and must know how the status of all work
- Individual must possess a valid Driver's license in good standing
- Individual must be at least 21 years of age to participate in the required Siemens vehicle plan
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Current Secret or L Clearance.
- Associate’s Degree from a two-year college or technical school.
- Factory training on Siemens “Insight” software, and TEC startup & troubleshooting.
- Significant experience with multiple programming languages including PPCL, C or C++, Basic, etc…
- Experience with US Federal Government projects, contracts, policies, and procedures
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.