Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work-life balance – Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting, and digital workspaces;
- Solving the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects;
- Engaging and challenging environment that evolves quickly with cutting-edge technology.
- Opportunities to advance your career with mentorship programs on a local and global scale;
- Competitive total compensation;
- Profit sharing available;
- Opportunity to buy and sell vacation time according to your lifestyle;
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, technology and sustainability while making a positive impact on the community;
- Participate in our celebrations, social events, and off-site business events;
- Opportunity to contribute and earn money for your innovative ideas;
- Employee benefits and discounts;
- Focused on diversity and inclusivity;
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, as well as being one of Canada’s Top Employers for Young People in 2020 and one of Greater Toronto’s Top Employers in 2021.
What will you do?
The Industry 4.0 concept represents a new way of organizing the means of production. This new industry is the point of convergence of the virtual world, digital design, and operations management with current and future manufacturing processes.
The industrial engineer, in collaboration with other multidisciplinary teams at a manufacturing site, will be mainly tasked with analyzing, proposing, and implementing work methods aimed at reducing non-added value, areas of waste and accident risks. These new methods will be aligned with the change in culture brought about by Industry 4.0. The candidate will be expected to propose innovative changes (for example, setting up the synchronization of operations) and will be responsible for their implementation by collaborating with the plant’s various departments.
- Analyze, propose, and implement innovative work methods aimed at decreasing non-added value, areas of waste and accident risks
- Determine standard production times and ensure their implementation within the vision of Industry 4.0
- Design and implement plant layouts as well as ergonomic workstations
- Set up the synchronization of operations across the entire production value chain
- Define and perform a follow-up of productivity measurements using tools related to Industry 4.0
- Coordinate all aspects of industrial engineering with the different departments at the manufacturing site
- Participate in the development of material flows
- Design, develop and implement planning systems
- Manage the projects assigned to him or her
- Participate in design reviews
- Collaborate to and get involved in continuous improvement activities
- Participate in cost optimization and reduction projects
What will you need to succeed?
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec (OIQ)
- Mechanical design software: AutoCAD, Inventor and CREO (an asset)
- Good command of the Microsoft Office suite
- Knowledge of SAP software (an asset)
- Autonomy, resourcefulness, and results orientation
- Excellent communicator and good team spirit
- Excellent analysis and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Initiative and organization
- Very good knowledge of French both written and spoken
- Good knowledge of English both written and spoken
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader that provides comprehensive solutions for smart infrastructure and digital industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate, and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us, and what we create together is yours.
Making a difference together, we have raised $757,000 in charitable contributions while supporting over 23 non-profit organizations and planting 1,100 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees and 24 offices and facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca.
While we appreciate all applicants, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Canada Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Code available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Code de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.