Siemens Logistics LLC is a worldwide leading partner for automation systems and software in the field of parcel, postal solutions and airport logistics. We are seeking an experienced Senior Controls Systems Engineer to join our Product and Solutions Development team at our DFW Airport location.
• The Senior Controls Systems Engineer will work as part of a multi-discipline team to perform complex design, development, maintenance, enhancement, testing, and support of Material Handling Automation Equipment.
• Completes the design of complex systems that integrate hardware and software.
• Completes estimates for complex modules under development, and estimates own work.
• Performs reviews of complex customers' standards specification and other documentation to determine system requirements.
• Completes recommendations for ideas related to productivity improvement, cost reduction and improvement in customer satisfaction
• Performs presentations of complex technical findings and developments.
• Completes the software quality process through the execution of complex module, subsystem and system test procedures.
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, or equivalent combination of education and experience. Certification may be required in some areas
• 8 years of successful experience in related field and successful demonstration of Knowledge and Responsibilities.
• Current experience with Allen-Bradley, Siemens, and Schneider PLC languages, architecture and networks desired. Other platforms a plus.
• Electrical schematic and panel design (Control Panels, Motor Control Panels, Motor Control Centers, Power Distribution) using AutoCAD Electrical
• Network design using Profinet, Profibus, ASI Bus, ControlNet, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP
• Human-Machine Interface programming
• Experience with conveyor systems (Parcel, Baggage, ASRS, Etc.), large machine design, and/or motor control desired.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong ability to document technical decisions with illustrations and clear verbal explanations
• US Citizenship or Permanent Residency required
• Up to 40% for customer meetings and integration testing at customer sites
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the Unites States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Logistics LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.