Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as an Electrical Developer (Subassembly Test Developer)
This is a role well suited to an ambitious
professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Electrical Developer (Subassembly Test
Developer), you will be
Design and develop test methods for complex Positron Emission Tomography (PET) detectors and electronics throughout the complete lifecycle: prototype evaluation, reliability testing, performance testing, system integration testing, manufacturing launch and sustaining through commercialization. The applicant should be an engineer who likes developing and conducting product testing in the laboratory and working as part of an integrated design and product team.
- Develop integration test software for detector and detector electronics prototype, reliability and production test systems. Understands hardware, software and optical interfaces for area of responsibility.
- Create test methods based on design specifications and working closely with engineers and technicians from multiple disciplines, applying knowledge of digital and analog circuitry.
- Establish and maintain thorough and accurate engineering log books, data sets, test procedures and generally adhere to formal documentation practices required for medical device products.
- Create technical documentation and reviews for test software release, adhering to the quality system process throughout the product release stages: proof-of-concept, prototype (Initial Release) through design improvements (Engineering Change Orders).
- Attend team meetings and design reviews providing feedback and recommendations.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar
with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with
- You have experience in electronics design and can master multiple programming languages.
- You have excellent hands-on laboratory skills, passion for experimental work with a high level of detail.
- You have experience to troubleshoot system, software, firmware, circuit board and component level failures.
- You have a solid understanding of detector physics and can translate functional requirements and working designs into test methods.
- You have strong computer skills to do efficient data processing, analysis and documentation.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent disciplines required.
- Digital embedded systems and System-on-Chip (SoC) firmware and software programming C, C++, C#.
- Experienced user of test equipment including (but not limited to): oscilloscope, logic analyzer, signal generator, spectrum analyzer, and vector network analyzer.
- Strong electrical engineering background and sound technical fundamentals in electronics theory and product design.
- Occasional travel is required to global supply chain partners, collaboration partners and Siemens MI offices in Hoffman Estates, IL and Knoxville, TN.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.