The Tariff Classification Specialist is a member of the HTSUS Classification team within the Siemens US Customs organization, and reports into the Customs Manager. The Tariff Classification Specialist role is responsible for facilitating compliance with assigning product classification HTSUS.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Documenting, implementing and maintaining standard processes and work instructions
• Working with Siemens US Customs peers and the business to identify opportunities to drive efficiencies
• Obtaining necessary information, applying the standard methodology, and documenting the rationale for determining the product classification of HTS US
• Performing periodic audits of product classifications
• Compiling and reporting information relevant to product classification
• Retaining records in accordance with Customs regulations
• Ensuring conformance with applicable laws and regulations
• Providing training to peers, Siemens US Customs community and/or the business to facilitate awareness of and compliance with regulatory requirements.
• Identifying risk and actively working with the department, management, and others as necessary to develop and communicate change to: mitigate risk, improve compliance, facilitate business trade activities and harmonize process methods and standards
• Identifying, developing, communicating and actively pursuing opportunities for standardizing and streamlining processes across the US
• Consulting with the Siemens US Customs Manager, as well as, others on an ongoing basis on complex issues and/or proposed change
• Collaborating with various team members on cross-departmental activities
• Understanding complex global transactions and applying the correct guidance to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and the Internal Control Program
The successful candidate must have the following abilities:
• Work in a fast-paced environment
• Work with minimal guidance or direction
• Detail oriented
• Identify and implement process improvement opportunities
• Effectively communicate and manage change
• Work in multi-cultural corporate business setting
• Excellent interpersonal skills and communications
• Review / comprehend technical specifications, drawings, or other product information
• Perform research (online or otherwise) to obtain necessary product details for classification purposes
Required Skills / Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in business, engineering, supply chain management is strongly desired, although a combination of education (HS Diploma or GED equivalency is a minimum requirement) and directly related work experience will also be considered
• Minimum of 3+ years’ work experience in assigning HTS US classifications.
• Strong working knowledge of international trade regulations and their effect on business processes, including, Customs Regulations (19 CFR) and the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the US.
• Demonstrated project management and analytics skills
• Demonstrate strong abilities to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Preferred Skills / Experience
• Working knowledge of SAP and ONESOURCE (Integration Point)
• Advanced skills with all MS Office products
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.