Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 160 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas of rolling stock, rail automation and electrification, turnkey systems, intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, the former Siemens Mobility Division posted revenue of €9.1 billion and had around 38,500 employees worldwide. Further information is available at: www.siemens.com/mobility
We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a System Integration Engineer to join our Siemens Mobility team. The role will be based in our Bayswater office in Victoria. The System Integration Engineer will be across the entire Project life-cycle from bid to concept and design through to implementation and maintenance, contributing to a range of integration and deployment activities for assigned Service Projects.
Areas of Responsibility
- Ensure Quality, completeness and consistency of work results and deliverables whilst complying with defined processes, guidelines and Project specific requirements.
- Deployment, integration and fault finding of system hardware/components within lab or site facilities as required.
- Oversight and documentation of test baselines within the lab and site facilities.
- Creation of independent analysis and finalisation of complex requirement specifications whilst adhering to internal guidelines.
- Control, monitoring and execution of System integration and deployment activities.
- Preparation of required reporting including supporting in Project reporting as required.
- Management of work packages to highlight any deviations to Scope and resolving any issues within the work packages.
- Continuous quality monitoring for processes and results.
- Provision of support to the Customer Support Team when issues are escalated as required.
- Provide input to Root Cause Analysis reports when required.
- Drive ideas and activities as part of the Project related tasks with the objective to improve the Project results.
- Support the Sales team as an Engineering representative in the Pre-sales phase, advising the Customer as needed.
- Degree/Equivalent in Electrical, Control System, Software or Mechanical Engineering.
- At least 3 years’ experience in Integration on complex Systems Projects preferably with part of that experience on Rail Systems Projects.
- Exposure to Linux based embedded systems design, development, and manufacturing.
- Experience in the product lifecycle management including component level obsolescence impacts to new and existing designs.
- Strong experience with design, implementation, testing and management with Radio Communications Systems including but not limited to GSM-R, LTE and Tetra.
- Good knowledge of maintenance and safety, CENELEC 50126, EN 50128, EN 50129.
- Experience in Signal Control Systems such as ETCS, CBTC and PTC.
- Experience in Integration, verification and validation in Systems Projects.
Benefits & Culture
- Flexible working arrangements
- Career, professional & personal development
- National & International opportunities
- Positive, inclusive and relaxed working environment
- Industry leading parental leave package
- Novated Leasing available
- Discounts on Goods & Services
- Siemens Share Options
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion help us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time