Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019 with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services which range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution &
What are my responsibilities?
The candidate will be responsible for the software design and development related to Siemens SINUMERIK software portfolio. The candidate will design, implement and support the software to advance the product portfolio
- Development of a complex drive engineering application on Linux
- Technical discussions with project stakeholders all over the world
- Derive software requirements and software functional specification.
- Design, implement and document assigned component / work product based on project schedule. Write code/test code for software component/ work product.
- Investigate and fix software defects found by test / review team to ensure product quality.
- Ensure quality of the developed component(s) / work product(s) (conformance with development process) and its technical delivery. Submit the work products into the software configuration management.
- Perform regular technical coordination / review with client to ensure risk identification and to support the initiation of risk mitigation by Project Manager and all relevant project stakeholders.
- Team work in agile environment
What do I need to qualify for this job?
Qualification: BE / B.Tech / M.Tech / ME or equivalent (Electronics or Computer science background)
Experience: 3-5 years of experience.
- Knowledge on Linux (Linux API, multithread programming)
- Worked on Qt 5/QML
- Experience on Kernel internal and Linux drivers(example Networking, block driver)
- Worked on basic Linux tools – bash scripts, make/cmake
- Good debugging skills on Linux and Windows
- Good knowledge on Design principles and Patterns
- Additional knowledge on Version tracking system – TFS/GIT
- Additional knowledge on Scrum/Lean
- Soft skills
- Good communication skills
- Self reliant and Team player
- Analytic thinker and innovative
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality.
Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time