Siemens EDA is a global technology powerhouse. With some of the best-known brands in the world, Siemens has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality, and reliability for more than 165 years.
We are seeking highly motivated, responsible and self-starting Senior DevOps Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Cairo, Egypt.Main Responsibilities
- Provide and develop in depth technical expertise to assist the research & development of automation essential to the deployment, management, monitoring and evolution of the IaaS and PaaS offerings.
- Design and implement technical, process and people orientated capabilities to the business that enable the creation and delivery of relevant, fit for purpose, scalable and highly available services that provide Digital Industries Software with a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- Day to day operation and support of the IaaS & PaaS offerings, including preventative maintenance, monitoring & incident management.
- Develop strong working relationships with senior development staff from software engineering organisation’s around the world. Understand and translate their requirements, build their trust, manage their expectations and influence their thinking.
- Design, develop & implement processes and policy that support agile, CICD development operations practices, liaising with software engineering and internal Tech Ops team mates.
- Contribute to the ongoing pursuit of delivering best in class, progressive services that enable Digital Industries Software to maintain a competitive advantage in the marketplace.
- B.Sc. in Computer Engineering, Electronics Engineering or Computer Science.
- 5+ years of experience in the development and operation of IaaS or PaaS services to on premise and/or public cloud.
- Strong practical experience in managing VMWare vSphere high availability clustered platforms & backend storage infrastructure (NetApp or TinTri).
- Ideally experience of Kubernetes or similar container based runtime environments & tooling.
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a cloud or virtualized environment.
- Experience building sophisticated and highly automated infrastructure.
- Prior success in automating a real-world production environment.
- Strong scripting skills (I.e. Powershell, Python, Bash, Ruby, Perl, etc…).
- Understanding of Service-Oriented Architecture (REST).
- Knowledge of IP networking, VPNs, DNS, load balancing, and firewalls.
- Experience with revision control source code repositories (Git, SVN, etc…).
- Hands on experience with Configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet, Terraform, Ansible).
- Familiar with with continuous integration methodologies and toolsets (Jenkins).
- Experience with seamless/automation build scripts used for release management across all environments.
- Experience with automated testing tools and test driven development.
- Understanding and experience with code deployment.
- Willingness & ability to travel, on occasion, to various Siemens sites around the world.
- Highly developed communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary and a generous holiday allowance.
Siemens is an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on any grounds. We are committed to providing access, equal opportunity for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics Egypt Company (A Limited Liability Company - Private Free Zone)
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time