Infrastructure Engineer: Siemens PLM Product Development Center - China
Siemens Digital Industries Software is driving transformation to enable a digital enterprise where engineering, manufacturing and electronics design meet tomorrow. Our solutions help companies of all sizes create and leverage digital twins that provide organizations with new insights, opportunities and levels of automation to drive innovation. For more information on Siemens Digital Industries Software products and services, visit http://sw.siemens.com.
Siemens Digital Industries Software’s Global Technology & Innovation department strategically supports our engineers and corporate staff in offices and R&D centers around the globe. Our vision is to deliver exceptional services by results oriented employees through innovative, cost-effective, global solutions developed in collaboration with our customers.
This position will be based out of Shanghai office in China and will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following.
· Provides a high level of technical assistance to customers, including problem analysis and resolution, research, configuration and setup issues for the operating system, applications, peripherals, remote access, and deployment of systems within Windows, Linux, ESX and VDI environments, including desktops/laptops, servers, storage.
· Offer daily IT support to China R&D offices. Deploy, troubleshoot, and maintain office IT environment.
· R&D engineering system and development tools support, installation, troubleshooting.
· Work with other IT personnel to ensure networking, office automation, and other enterprise services are working properly.
· Assists in developing utilities or scripts to automate routine tasks and streamline processes.
· Completes user/admin documentation for new or upgraded products.
· Ensures standards compliance and quality assurance, following all established procedures for installation and configuration.
· Ensure security hardening of systems and critical patches are being applied as necessary.
· Monitor to ensure IT assets/software compliance, availability.
· Participates in technical projects or leads projects and plans or completes project tasks.
· As appropriate, participate in cross-site activities including process improvements, standards development, and other global projects.
The successful candidate will possess the following combination of education and experience:
· Bachelor's degree in a computer-related field or equivalent experience in a computer environment.
· Excellent customer service attitude.
· Must have good working knowledge of English, both written and verbal
· Ability to perform system administration for Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, SUSE), Windows (Windows 10, Windows server 2012), and VMWare vSphere Horizon environments with a combined experience of at least 5 years of directly applicable work history. Position will be weighted to Linux and VMWARE (VDI).
· Familiarity with Dell, HP server Hardware and Client Hardware, support, and update with FW/BIOS, working with vendor to fix the server/client issues.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software (Shanghai) Co., Ltd.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time