Siemens Government Technologies, Inc. is seeking a Project Manager for its Technical Services organization who will be responsible for the successful administration of multiple service projects for U.S. Government customers worldwide.
This is a permanent position that will address service projects in the areas of Energy Resiliency, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Fire Protection, Security, Electrical Power Systems, SCADA, HVAC, Solar, Microgrid, and / or power generation projects.
- Serve as principal point-of-contact and trusted advisor for DoD and DOE customers for multiple service projects at various locations
- Lead kick-off meetings with customers for contract and task order awards
- Implement project set-up for new projects and establish and review charge project charge codes. Work with Personnel Manager to ensure charge code availability for service employees
- Lead or attend periodic customer status meetings and maintain meeting notes and action logs from such meetings
- Develop and maintain project schedules for DoD and DoE customers and coordinate customer requirements with the project team. Identify time-sensitive installation and service needs
- Document project events with customer that impacts the schedule, scope of work, and project efficiency
- Assist with and review project specifications, drawings and project-specific documents and participate in project cost reviews
- Coordinate and pursue project-specific billing with government customers and company finance project controllers
- Complete project-specific close-out documentation and final billing in accordance with customer and company procedures
- Identify and implement cost savings measures within services projects
- Provide monthly updates to management and government customers on work performed, plans, budget, maintenance scheduling, project financials, staffing forecasts and overall project status
- Work directly with Account Management on an as needed basis with reviewing/editing proposal responses, participation on “color” and review teams, and providing support across functional lines
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering or related field
- Current PMP Certification
- Minimum of eight (8) years of successful project management experience with USACE and NAVFAC clients
- Proficiency with USACE Resident Management System, MS Project, and Oracle Primavera applications
- Working knowledge of Energy Resiliency, Building Automation Systems (BAS), Fire Protection, Security, Electrical Power Systems, SCADA, HVAC, Solar, Microgrid, and / or power generation projects
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, building drawings and technical descriptions
- Interpersonal skills; telephone skills; patience; problem solving skills; attention to detail; organization skills; accuracy; time management; must be able to perform inspection of work and must know the status of all work
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) certification
- Service contract experience
- Ability to read and understand MEP drawings and specifications, and electrical, network, and control wiring diagrams
- Knowledge of industry-standard communication protocols such as Ethernet, Modbus, and BACnet
Candidate must be a United States Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security Clearance
Organization: Country Functions & Departments
Company: Siemens Government Technologies, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.