We are forming a new team in a new location with a new domain, real challenges are you ready ?
We are looking for Senior Cloud HPC DevOps Engineer to join our exciting team in Shannon.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Siemens EDA have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. For this reason our customers are moving our products from their on-premise server farms into the Cloud. We are collaborating with the Cloud infrastructure vendors and HPC tooling vendors to research and identify the optimal reference architectures for these large workloads in the cloud.
The ultimate goal is to capture these reference architectures as IaC, develop tooling to augment their capabilities and contribute towards orchestration frameworks for these workloads.
This is an outstanding opportunity to research, optimise and automate HPC environments in public, private and hybrid clouds.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Working directly with the teams at Azure, AWS and Google to adapt their offerings to support EDA effectively
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter-cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Ensuring our environments and applications are primed for performance and scale
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Will be agile in attitude and understands delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Brings order from chaos and finds the solution that Occam would
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team rapidly grows
- Has a natural can do attitude and gets involved
- Automates, automates, automates.
- Review, understand and contribute to cloud infrastructure architectures built by teams at Azure, AWS and Google to support EDA
- Develop and automate reference architectures for our customers self-managed clouds and our proposed managed cloud offering.
- Facilitate multi-cloud resource orchestration.
- Develop and test tooling in Golang and Python to enhance EDA SW running in those architectures
- Champion and support a culture of building secure, performant, large-scale infrastructure and applications
- Work in a scrum team with fellow Engineers to develop dynamically controlled infrastructure for internal and external customers
- Implement POCs to validate approaches and techniques
- Investigate technology choices required by us and our customers to achieve our goals
- Partner with the wider organisation to understand, socialise and support their internal cloud infrastructure development needs
- Performance comparison testing of the latest cloud servers and architectures and tooling running our software
- Get stuck in and build the future
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Part-time