We are forming a new team in a new location with a new domain, real challenges are you ready ?
We are in the process of developing a platform that will enable large EDA workloads to be executed efficiently across the various Cloud Platforms and in hybrid ground to cloud environments. The work is as varied as it is interesting developing everything from cloud orchestration elements to mirrored Linux filesystems. When the domain is infrastructure and process orchestration, the testing frameworks can be more challenging than the unit under test.
While all members of the Scrum team contribute towards the testing effort we have a need for a team member that can architect an appropriate testing framework and bring additional depth to this area.
We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Developing test frameworks that can test across the cloud vendors
- Delivering quality SW and assisting others to reach the bar.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
The Ideal Candidate
- Has developed test frameworks for complex distributed systems
- Can automate infrastructure, processes and applications.
- Has good Linux understanding
- Has good protocol knowledge
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
- Is interested in how things work under the hood.
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude coupled with strong communication skill
- Developing frameworks and components for frameworks that enable the testing of high performance distributed SW systems.
- Developing complex mocks and stubs that run in public clouds and HPC grids.
- Develop frameworks and tool kits for monitoring of workloads.
- Bring a deep understanding of Quality into the Team
- Working closely with and across internal teams to bring a Quality First mentality and shifting testing left.
- Work in a Scrum team contributing towards all tasks and team goals.
- Get stuck in and build the future
- Bachelor's or higher degree in Software Engineering, Technology or a relevant degree
- Solid understanding of various testing frameworks and methodologies.
- Understanding of Cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with object-oriented or alternative software design modes.
- Solid communication skills, including the ability to present ideas and share your knowledge with others.
- Experience with software development best practices for the full engineering lifecycle
- 8+ years experience in QA automation
We are Siemens
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time