We are forming a new team in a new location with a new domain, real challenges are you ready?
We are looking for a QA Automation Software Engineer to join our team in Shannon on a perm basis.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Siemens EDA have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are recruiting for a broad cloud software development role as part of the Cloud Enablement SW team.
We are in the process of developing a platform that will enable these large workloads to be executed efficiently across the various Cloud Platforms and in hybrid ground to cloud environments. The work is as varied as it is interesting developing everything from cloud orchestration elements to mirrored Linux filesystems. When the domain is infrastructure and process orchestration the testing frameworks can be more challenging that the unit under test.
While all members of the Scrum team contribute towards the testing effort we have a need for a team member that can bring additional depth to this area.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Developing test frameworks that can test across the cloud vendors and HPC grids
- Delivering quality SW and assisting others to reach the bar.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Has developed test frameworks for complex distributed systems
- Can automate infrastructure, processes and applications.
- Has good Linux understanding
- Has good protocol knowledge
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
- Is interested in how things work under the hood.
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude coupled with strong communication skill
- Developing frameworks and components for frameworks that enable the testing of high performance distributed SW systems.
- Developing complex mocks and stubs that run in public clouds and HPC grids.
- Develop frameworks and tool kits for monitoring of HPC workloads.
- Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Bring a deep understanding of Quality into the Team
- Working closely with and across internal teams to bring a Quality First mentality and shifting testing left.
- Work in a Scrum team contributing towards all tasks and team goals.
- Get stuck in and build the future
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time