We are forming a new team in a new location with a new domain, real challenges are you ready ?
We are currently looking for a Senior Cloud Software Engineer to join our forward thinking team in Shannon.
Since the inception of Electronic Design Automation we at Siemens EDA have been writing software to assist the best silicon design companies in the world to build the next generation chips through our suite of software called Calibre. As the chip designs get more powerful encouraged by Moore’s Law our problem equally scales.
When a single designer needs over a thousand cores to aid their design then the solution is HPC in the Cloud. We are recruiting for a broad cloud software development role as part of the Cloud Enablement SW team.
We are in the process of developing a platform that will enable these large workloads to be executed efficiently across the various Cloud Platforms and in hybrid ground to cloud environments. The work is as varied as it is interesting developing everything from cloud orchestration elements to mirrored Linux filesystems.We Would Like To Talk To People Interested In
- Evolving with the changing landscape of HPC in the cloud
- Working directly with the teams at Azure, AWS and Google to identify how to support EDA workloads effectively
- Ensuring the highest levels of security for inter cloud and multi-cloud environments
- Developing software that will run in public clouds and HPC grids.
- Being part of a founding SW team in Ireland
- Being brave and innovating faster than Moore’s Law
- Has worked in one or more public clouds.
- Knows how to deliver high performance SW.
- Appreciates the security concerns and posture required for software and infrastructure containing high value customer IP
- Has proven Linux understanding
- Understands how to achieve secure hybrid cloud communication
- Will be agile in attitude and has a passion for delivering customer value quickly.
- Can form, articulate and support opinions and narratives from research and POCs
- Has the flexibility to wear different hats as the team grows
- Comes from a diverse technology background with an understanding from the ground up
- Has a problem solving / trouble shooting attitude coupled with strong communication skill
- Develop SW frameworks and tool kits for optimisation, orchestration and monitoring of HPC workloads.
- Develop and consume a range of APIs and CLIs
- Working closely with and across internal teams to ensure a coherent solutions
- Work in a Scrum team contributing towards all tasks and team goals.
- Get stuck in and build the future
A collection of over 377,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us shape tomorrow!
We offer a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, bonus scheme, generous holiday allowance, pension, private healthcare and actively support working from home.
Siemens Software. Where today meets tomorrow.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Mentor Graphics (Ireland) Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time