At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Technical Product Manager - Senior
Location: Livonia (Primary) - Other locations (Secondary)
The technical product manager is responsible for gathering requirements from customers, prioritizing release content, developing business use cases, coordinating with product development and product validation, and taking released product to market. Taking the product to market includes direct interaction with sales, services, customers, analysts, advisory boards and user groups. All of these efforts must be aligned with overall Siemens PLM strategy and internal product development processes. The technical product manager must possess both technical skills and business acumen. The technical product manager must be able to understand customer and market needs and translate them into revenue-generating application solutions in a very large and complex PLM platform framework.
Responsible for the definition and direction of one more applications and industry solutions throughout all stages of the product life cycle (concept through end-of-life). Works with internal and external stakeholders to understand market requirements and align on product and solution definition. Works the product development and partners to implement the requirements and realize the product and solutions. Works with product marketing, sales, and industry verticals on the product launch and go-to-market strategy to ensure the product is successful in the marketplace upon release. Continues to work with development, sales, product marketing and industry verticals to manage the product through its life cycle to ensure it meets established goals for revenue and customer satisfaction. Performs essential activities across multiple product lines. Makes critical decisions regarding product lifecycle. Helps determine pricing and packaging of individual products and solutions.
Knowledge/Skills, Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Computer Science or Equivalent Experience
- 10+ years of experience working with enterprise and SMB customers across key industries including aerospace & defense, automotive and transportation, industrial machinery, medical devices, and others in various capacities such as product development, pre-sales, or services
- 10+ years of experience software product development or implementation
- 5+ years in application software product management
- Developing strategic visions for products and solutions
- Authoring product specs (business use cases/requirements, process flows, functional use cases, etc)
- Authoring white papers, positioning documents, marketing content/deliverables
- Software as a Service (SaaS) experience (preferred)
- Agile software development and Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Preparing and delivering internal and customer facing presentations
- Preparing, presenting and justifying financial investments through a business plan
- Developing content solution enablement
- Functional domain knowledge/expertise: PLM essentials such as CAD integrations, bill of material management, requirements management, document management, etc
- Practical knowledge/general experience: Engineering/product development in context of product lifecycle management, business process engineering
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.