Siemens is looking for a Continuous Improvement Engineer to act as a change agent for our Distribution Centers and Manufacturing Plants. If you have 8+ years’ experience warehouse operations/manufacturing experience as well as experience in driving process improvement & optimization, we want to talk to you!
The Continuous Improvement Engineer has overall responsibility for driving efficiencies within the operations. In the U.S., we have two Distribution Centers, and these serve as our main storage locations with more than 15,000+ SKU’s coming from our own factories in the US, Mexico and overseas and from third parties. From there external customers (Distributor, OEM, Retail, End-Customer) and internal partners in the US, Canada and Mexico receive 1500+ shipments daily via LTL, Parcel and full truck loads. Our warehouses run on a Siemens internal SAP WM system.
This person will be accountable for meeting performance metrics as agreed upon with key business and functional stakeholders both globally and US as well as maintaining effective relationship. In addition this person will be responsible for driving a culture of continuous improvement to fully optimize the warehouse and manufacturing plants to ensure a sustainable level of performance. This includes process improvement, layout optimization and IT enhancement.
• Manage a team in all aspects of standardization, elimination of waste to include the development of standard work, process improvement, and cost reduction.
• Manages team to meet performance, quality, and cost targets in the Distribution Centers.
• Responsible for related KPI’s such as Quality, Costs and Performance, Backlog and Inventory accuracy, etc.
• Manage project activity to support departmental and company objectives.
• Utilize effective root cause analysis, develop solutions, implement corrective actions and controls.
• Identifies End to End Supply Chain optimization levers together with factories, vendors, order management and external customer
• Drives optimization activities in layout, warehouse processes and IT solutions to drive efficiency and effectiveness
• Develops annual workforce plan and efficiently allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs
• Drives ownership culture among workforce
What you will need:
• Bachelor’s degree (BA, IE, or Supply Chain Management preferred)
• Strong Leadership Skills driving operational performance, continuous improvement and change management across the entire operation
• 8+ years of experience in a distribution center or manufacturing environment working on process improvement.
• Lean Six Sigma experience or certification.
• Experience working in a globally matrixed organization and communicating effectively with business partners.
• Demonstrated effectiveness in maintaining productive relationships with key stakeholders, both internal and external
• Must be able to define and implement strategies to develop operations and must be able to multi-task in a fast paced environment
• Proven track record of defining operational processes and implementing process changes that result in operational savings
• Demonstrated experience coaching and motivating team to achieve successful outcomes
• Ability to evaluate data, draw sound conclusions and respond accordingly
• Prior experience driving implementation of a warehouse management system
• Computer skills required, to include Microsoft office experience and warehouse management systems experience
• Must possess strong written and oral communications skills and strong presentation skills
What sets you ahead of the pack:
• Project Management experience or certification.
• AutoCAD experience.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
• Excellent health/vision/dental plans, matching 401K, life insurance and PTO.
• Extensive training along with career development.
• Freedom and a healthy work- life balance.
• Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
• Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
• Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
• Competitive total rewards package.
• Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
• Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
• Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.