Now’s our time to inspire the future of healthcare together.
Siemens Healthineers is a leading global medical technology company with over 170 years of experience and 18,000 patents. More than 48,000 dedicated colleagues in over 70 countries are driven to shape the future of healthcare. We stand with our customers around the world to support them in delivering high quality care to their patients. An estimated 5 million patients across the globe benefit every day from our innovative technologies and services in the areas of diagnostic and therapeutic imaging, laboratory diagnostics and molecular medicine, as well as digital health and enterprise services. This is what truly matters to us.
Join our team now at Siemens Healthineers as Director Instruments Planning
This is a role well suited to an ambitious professional, looking for the next step in their career. As a Director Instruments Planning for a large, internal End to End Supply Chain workstream. This position reports to the Vice President SCM Planning and Digitalization. You will be responsible for:
- All aspects of Instrument Demand Planning for Siemens and OEM manufactured instruments sold and distributed by Siemens Healthineers’ Laboratory Diagnostics.
- You will manage Buying professionals purchasing OEM instruments and ensuring timely execution of purchase orders
- You will define digital operational workflows, jobs, and reporting relationships to maximize productivity.
- You will leverage current and define future IT systems to support data-based decision making.
- You will be responsible for setting rules of engagement for planning input and changes to plan and writing supporting policies along with establishing tools to monitor effectiveness.
- In close collaboration with the Director Inventory and Process Improvement you determine appropriate safety stock levels and align demand and supply plans accordingly.
- You will also manage the instrument planning risks according to company’s guidelines (ERM).
- You will ensure compliance to all quality procedures and policies applicable.
- You will continuously track status and target achievements, prepare overview and report on program progress, risks, timelines etc. for various management levels (includes C-level).
- You will prepare, set-up and facilitate meetings.
- You will coordinate and support workstreams, align interfaces within the teams and across functions (SCM, Finance, Marketing & Sales, Country Organizations) as well as facilitate sharing of resources, methodologies, tools and techniques for all stakeholders.
This position may suit you best if you are familiar with what is below, and would like to do develop your career with Healthineers
- You demonstrate data driven decision making and have successfully implemented such a mindset in global organizations.
- You have excellent presentation and communication skills and you show team and customer orientation.
- Intercultural sensitivity and driving a high-performance culture are some of your key strengths.
- Since you are interacting with international teams, excellent English skills are necessary, knowledge of other languages is of advantage.
- You are motivated, flexible, able and willing to work under high time pressure and deliver high quality results.
Required skills to have for the success of this role
- You have comprehensive experience and proven records in successfully leading a Planning function and process in an international setting
- You have ability to assess plans, understand constraints and find solutions for complex issues.
- You will find opportunities, can perform contingency planning and implement risk mitigation.
- Previous international assignments are of advantage
- Typically, 8+ years of successful experience in a directly related field and successful demonstration of key responsibilities and knowledge as presented above.
- Some travel (national, international) may be expected <20%.
At Siemens Healthineers, we value those who dedicate their energy and passion to a greater cause. Our people make us unique as an employer in the med-tech industry. What unites and motivates our global team is the inspiration of our common purpose: To innovate for healthcare, building on our remarkable legacy of pioneering ideas that translate into even better healthcare products and services. We recognize that taking ownership of our work allows both us and the company to grow. We offer you a flexible and dynamic environment and the space to move beyond your comfort zone to grow both personally and professionally.
If you want to join us in transforming the way healthcare is delivered, visit our career site at https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/careers.
If you wish to find out more about the specific before applying, please visit: https://usa.healthcare.siemens.com/about.As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Healthcare Diagnostics Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.