Nashik | Siemens Mobility | Full-timeTogether we make a difference!
Siemens Mobility is an independent run company of Siemens AG. Its core business includes rail vehicles, rail automation and electrification solutions, turnkey systems, intelligent road traffic technology and related services
In Mobility, we help our customers meet the need for smart mobility solutions. We’re making the lives of people who travel easier and more enjoyable while constantly developing new, intelligent mobility solutions!Change the future with us
- Define commodity strategies for assigned spend considering any global sourcing strategies and tailoring them to fit the local business requirements
- Prepare and conduct negotiations with suppliers for low to high purchasing volumes in order to deliver the relevant savings for each category and increase the payment terms conditions
- Implement and manage supplier contracts and agreements to meet the specific needs of the business whilst ensuring service continuity and mitigating risk
- Interface with internal stakeholders to assess current and future sourcing requirements
- Ensure Siemens’ interests are represented in all competitive sourcing activities leading to continuous improvement in quality, cost, delivery, service and technology
- Drive productivity initiatives within assigned commodities in order to maximize material cost savings
- Support the Supplier Qualification Process for new suppliers in partnership with Supplier Quality Management (SQM), Project managers and New Product Development (NPD)
- Perform Supplier Evaluations and drive Supplier Development Plans within the supply chain
- Proactive Supplier Relationship Management, ensuring Siemens is a preferred customer
- Independently prepare and carry out negotiations with suppliers
- Knows the cost structure of his/her commodity in detail and identifies improvement potentials;
- Provides reliable and precise cost calculations/comparisons behind supplier offers
- Harness supplier innovation in collaboration with CVE and NPD
- Work alongside CVE to better understand key material cost drivers
Use your skills to move the world forward
- You should have minimum experience of 4-5 years along with bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering along with experience of in a Buyer position within a Procurement function preferably for Traction Business.
- Experience in Indian railway electronic Interlocking projects.
- Should have experience in handling Cabinets, Busbars, Fabricated parts, Machined components, sheet metal parts, Insulation material, Rubber parts, Plastic parts, Fans & Blowers, Pumps etc.
- Knowledge of purchasing fundamentals including RFQ's and Negotiation
- Expertise in solving issues related to strategic sourcing, vendor relations, quality assurance and supply
- Good communication skills
This role is based in Nashik. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and inspiration and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time