We are looking for an Account Manager to join us in the Customer Services Rail Infrastructure business. In this key leadership position reporting directly to the Head of Customer Services, you will be working closely with all disciplines within the Customer Services team and the wider business to ensure successful account management and business generation from new and existing markets within their allocated regions. You will be responsible for the business development and sales growth across the portfolio with principal focus on digital services opportunities.
This is your role
- Senior account management responsibility for key customer accounts for Siemens Customer Services, such as regions within the Network Rail account
- Develop and lead effective customer relationship management plans for all allocated regions, ensuring strategic messages are routed through the right channels
- Fostering authentic relationships with senior customers from the earliest stages of business development, through proposal generation and through to contract award, to grow overall customer satisfaction as well as revenues from key accounts
- Definition and implementation of innovative, winning strategies to position the organisation to secure new business well in advance of the procurement process, including developing innovative market and specific project capture plans
- Identifying new digital business opportunities and growing digital services offerings in line with global initiatives
- Developing new business in new technology markets
- Key contributor to the continuous development of the Siemens customer services Strategic Plan
- Drive market and competitor analysis activities across their regions within the business
This role will require the successful candidate to be mobile and to spend time away from the agreed ‘base’ office.
Business Development Plans
- Support the development of key regional customer accounts for Siemens Mobility Limited, Customer services (as required), with existing and future clients and partners, such as Network Rail and devolved Transport Bodies
- Support the development and implementation of Customer Services opportunity win strategies to position the organisation to secure new business
- Develop and coordinate effective business development plans for all allocated regions, ensuring strategic messages are delivered to internal and external clients and partners
- Attend strategic events, record and distribute key information and be an ambassador for Siemens
- Grow overall customer satisfaction as well as revenues from key accounts
- Foster authentic and personal relationships with customers and partners from the earliest stages of business development
- Be the ‘voice of the customer’ and ensure their outcomes, benefits and aspirations are understood and communicated effectively to inform new technology developments within Siemens Mobility Limited
- Lead regional, customer focused proposal generation through handover to bids
- Develop specific opportunity capture plans in accordance with company processes and standards
- Involvement in pre and post bid submission negotiations with the client encompassing technical, financial and commercial considerations
- Lead market and competitor analysis activities to identify new business offerings and routes to market for account regions
- Ensure the benefits realisation and outcomes are built into opportunities, followed through in proposal management
- Update and align with company processes and standards in relation to Business Development
What do you need to qualify for this role?
- Proven sales or customer focused experience in a large-scale technology or project delivery business (essential)
- Successful track record of customer and business value-based business development (essential)
- Creative problem solver who is used to working under pressure and to tight/challenging deadlines (essential)
- Commercially astute with high degree of integrity (essential)
- Highly ambitious and agile (essential)
- Results focused, determined and resilient (essential)
- Strong negotiating skills (essential)
- Understand the UK rail market and its customers
- Good understanding of the way in which infrastructure service projects are bid, contracted and delivered
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 377,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them! We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens! Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do you need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance and pension. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time