Siemens Process Industries and Drives - New Kensington, PA facility is looking for talent! One of the core businesses of Siemens, we provide future-proof automation, drive technology, industrial software, and services based on best-in-class technology platforms like Totally Integrated Automation (TIA) or Integrated Drive Systems (IDS). Join us in empowering businesses to work harder, smarter, and faster. We’re on a journey to find a Senior Electrical Power Systems Engineer! Apply today and let’s see if we are a match!
In this position you will be collaborating with the Manager of Electrical & Mechanical Systems Engineering. We are looking for someone that has the ability to tackle and troubleshoot sophisticated field problems and interface with cross-functional stakeholders (both internal and external). Responsible to coordinate and lead sophisticated design projects to meet product requirements, cost targets and product features, while ensuring a high-quality design is released timely to support project milestone and project budget.Responsibilities
- Perform sophisticated technical design activities for Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drives – to produce innovative, reliable, efficient customer solutions.
- Lead and assist multi-functional teams with troubleshooting of Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drive failures, evaluate & implement improvement methods.
- Lead design and feature development, design validation, type testing for 3rd party compliance and system packaging.
- Interpret power components specifications, electrical drawings, and product requirement specifications.
- Develop technical specifications for electrical components (low voltage and medium voltage).
- Develop new design methods or design changes to improve process and manufacturing efficiency.
- Perform technical analysis for type test (component and system level) to qualify the prototype design and release to production.
- Provide technical expertise for failure mode and root cause analysis.
- Strong technical leadership, documentation, project management, and writing skills.
- Minimum BS degree with 10 years of related experience, Master’s Degree with 6 years’ experience or PhD Degree with 4 years’ experience (desirable) in Electrical, Power Systems Engineering and/or Power Electronics.
- Extensive experience with Medium Voltage Power Systems and/or Variable Frequency Drives is helpful (passionate about analysis and customer applications)
- Demonstrates and applies a broad knowledge of field of specialization through successful completion of moderately sophisticated assignments.
- Optimally applies sophisticated knowledge of compliance standards (IEC, UL, CSA etc.).
- Required travel 5%.
- Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
- Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical Engineering or Power Electronics
- Experience with Medium Voltage Variable Frequency Drives is helpful.
- Experience in Power Electronics design is helpful.
- Experience with PLC programming, testing and validation is preferred.
- Experience in practical application of engineering skills to manufacturing, test and field installations
- Experience in problem solving, root cause analysis and field action plans for internal and external partners.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Portfolio Companies
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.