Siemens Industry is looking for a Quality Manager for our Heber Springs, AR factory. Our facility is involved in the design, development and manufacture of medium and high voltage disconnect / load break switches. The Quality Manager acts as a catalyst for continuous improvement in all plant activity, ensuring outgoing product and incoming supplier component compliance. They are responsible for driving an ongoing failure prevention mindset utilizing key quality planning processes / tools supporting both proactive and reactive activity as required, developing and facilitating continuous improvement activities with the overall goal of complete customer satisfaction and streamlined efficient manufacturing processes.
- The Quality Manager is responsible for the quality of material and components utilized within the production processes, as well as the final product to be shipped to the customer. Overseeing the quality processes of incoming inspection, outgoing inspection, gage calibration, material & component nonconformance, production process nonconformance and after delivery non conformance
- Ensure the quality of product delivered to customers meet design intent. Ensure that quality teams are trained, qualified, capable, and have the necessary tools and process to conduct the outgoing audit process.
- Ensure that the quality of product purchased from suppliers meets the design intent. Ensure that auditing personnel are trained, qualified, capable, and have necessary tools and process to conduct the incoming product audit process.
- Coordinate and maintain ISO compliant Quality Management System
- Initiate and manage component and product non conformance efforts
- Review and approve requested temporary deviations
- Review and approve product specification sent to suppliers
- Review and approve suppliers
- Ensure acceptable calibration of measurement and testing instruments
- Coordinate annual Management Reviews
- Coordinate ISO Quality Audits
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- BS in Engineering
- 5+ years’ experience in quality engineering / management
- Competent to understand mechanical and electrical engineering theory / principles
- Competent to understand mechanical drawings and print reading
- Ability to understand and use measurement instruments; force gages, calipers, micrometers, hardness testing, basic multi-meter readings, etc.
- Thorough understanding of the basic materials; Steel, aluminum, copper, brass, plastics, etc.
- Familiarity with ISO9001 management requirements; Ability to read, interpret, and apply ISO9001 standard requirements
- Knowledge of machining processes and understanding of basic weld theory and characteristics
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- ASQ certification
- Thorough understanding of problem solving and quality improvement tools
- Past experience in a metalworking manufacturing environment
- Working knowledge of SAP and Sales Force
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.