Siemens Digital Industries Software helps companies of all sizes around the world to transform their business and develop innovative products and services. Our customers are better equipped to respond effectively to the challenges of digitalization. Our solutions optimize their processes from planning and development through manufacturing and lifecycle support to realize innovation.
We are actively recruiting for an CAEApplication Engineer Consultant to join our Engineering Services team in Brazil on a permanent basis.
As part of our global Engineering services team, you will be responsible for the delivery of individual project consulting and technical expertise in Engineering Services, executing standard, defined simulation tasks with variated degrees of technical complexity. You will work with Engineers, Project & Program Managers, Engagement Managers, Sales and other internal & external interfaces in order to ensure quality results that enable SISW to deliver successful solutions and provide support and value to our customers, achieving their objectives.Activities & Responsibilities
- Execute low, medium or advanced simulations for a whole project of moderate scope, with support from other engineers from the worldwide Engineering Services team;
- Post-process, analyze and perform quality checks on the simulation results;
- Prepare internal and external reports for project manager and/or customer;
- Lead and execute small technology transfer activities for customers;
- Acts as point of contact for other projects and colleagues for advice on specific expertise, technologies and applications;
- Support improvement initiatives in the project, program and organization;
- Review all relevant project documents to understand the context of the project, collecting all vital information with support of engagement managers, sales and technical specialists;
- Provide estimation of time frames, work package breakdown, capability definitions, budgets and resource estimates required to efficiently implement projects;
- Regularly provide accurate and timely information to project manager and/or customer, bring up problems and potential risks;
- Actively supervises costs in project finance management tool and maintains accurate forecasts of total planned costs according Engineering Services delivery guidelines;
- Undertake any required quality reviews, regularly providing review on project status, risks and forecasts;
- Work well with prospective and current customers to gain a comprehensive understanding of their challenges and objectives;
- Support engagement managers and sales by providing ideas and technical expertise for leads and draft proposals, contributing to the generation of high-quality statement of works by writing technical scope according to project requirements;
- Actively participate in the Engineering Services Community of Practice: keep up to date with standard methodologies and methods involving Engineering Services topics, and provide feedback and experiences for continual improvement to support worldwide organization knowledge, maintain an understanding of the latest technical and industry trends, and innovative solution practices.
- Bachelor or master’s degree in mechanical, Civil, Electrical or Aerospace Engineering Required
- Minimum of 5 years in the field of Product Testing and Simulation
- Experience in Application Engineering with simulation (CAE) software solutions, such as CFD (Computational Fluid Dynamics), MBSE (Model-Based System Engineering) or Finite Element Analysis (FEA).
- Previous experience with Simcenter Star-CCM+, Simcenter Amesim, Simcenter 3D, Simcenter FEMAP, Simcenter Nastran or NX CAE is considered as a plus.
- Experience with Data Analytics, Machine Learning, programming with Python, C++ or Matlab could be a differential.
- Industry proven ability in one of the following areas: Automotive, Transportation, heavy Equipment, Agriculture, Aerospace/Defense, or Oil&Gas.
- Position requires strong listening skills, ownership, social skills and problem-solving capabilities. Ability to work as an individual contributor or as a team member.
- Proficient English Advance.
- Location: São Caetano do Sul/SP Brazil (other location can be evaluated)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Ltda.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time