Siemens Mobility (SMO) is the world’s leading provider of mobility solutions that enable the efficient, safe, and environmentally friendly transport of people and goods - and help improve the quality of everyday life for millions of people on all continents.
Motivated by innovation, we develop intelligent solutions for the growing digitalization of the transport sector. Our range of offerings includes rail vehicles, rail automation, road traffic management systems, rail electrification and services.
Today, we are recruiting for the Interface Manager for Depot Workshop Equipment (DWE) for Siemens Mobility Egypt position to join our Project Team in Egypt. This is an excellent career opportunity for Interface Managers and Depot Experts from Rail /Transportation Business looking to join a truly international team.
Join Siemens Mobility as Interface Manager (DWE) and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role – International, Challenging and Future-Oriented!
The Interface Manager DWE is responsible for the preparation, coordination and clarification of inter-faces relating to any type of special equipment used within railway depots or special maintenance tools and vehicles both for the maintenance of the railway vehicles and railway infrastructure. The overall objective is to ensure full functionality of all maintenance systems with a focus on timely and proper clarification of all interfaces. Your roles and responsibilities include:
- Coordination of interface identification and clarification for DWE interfaces
- Prepare interface requirements and plans for the interface resolution
- Lead DWE Interface Management in compliance with interface management process
- Ensure interface resolution within agreed timeline
- Gathering of information for interface and change management
- Directly coordinate and develop the resolution with the Interface Partners and the DWE Design Team
- Escalate critical items to the Consortium Interface Manager, the DWE Lead Engineer and Project Manager
Your Qualifications and Skills – Digital And Solid!
- Degree in electrical or mechanical engineering, preferably with railway‑specific specialization
- Professional experience (minimum 5 years), at least partially in railway transportation systems
- Technical knowledge about subsystems of a railway turnkey project, e.g. Signalling, Railway Communication, Electrification, Power Supply, Rolling Stock, SCADA, Track Work etc.
- Experience with railway maintenance, in the design of railway vehicles or communication systems
- Work experience as team member in at least one large railway project execution project
- Knowledge of relevant IT-systems and tool (e.g. Aconex, MS Office, AutoCAD)
- Basic knowledge of project management principles for project realization and execution
- Fluent English essential both written and oral
- Knowledge of Arabic is an advantage
- Independent and structured approach to work
- Team leadership and mediation skills between teams
- Excellent communication abilities combined with strong interpersonal skills
- High level of customer and quality orientation together with strong abilities in consulting and implementation
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Egypt LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time