Siemens Simulation and Test Solution (STS), part of Siemens Digital Industries Software, has an open position for a 12-month intern within the Documentation team for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and related products. This internship is expected to start in August or September 2021.
Simcenter STAR-CCM+ is used by thousands of engineers around the world in multiple industries to simulate aerodynamics, heat transfer, reacting flows, particle dynamics, and solid stress. The Documentation team is responsible for producing end-user documentation, tutorials, and other technical information for Simcenter STAR-CCM+ and other products. The team is distributed across several offices in Europe and the US, including the Hammersmith office in London. This position is for the Hammersmith office.
As a software engineering intern within the Documentation Team, your goal will be to enhance the web-based publishing output for Simcenter STAR-CCM+. Alongside this goal you will have opportunity to research and contribute to automation processes required by the team, and to tackle technical challenges in providing a modern experience for information development and dissemination.
As an intern, you will contribute to the goals of the team in helping our customers achieve success. Specifically, you can expect to:
- Implement solutions using Python, Java, and C#
- Become familiar with the DITA Open Toolkit (an XSLT-based publishing tool)
- Maintain and extend a publishing plugin for HTML5 based on the Oxygen Web Help framework
- Learn to interact with the web-services API for SDL Tridion Docs (content management system)
- Work in a range of development environments on Windows and Linux
- Learn to use XML development tools and environment (SDL Tridion Docs)
- Learn to use XSLT in-depth along with ANT and other build tools
- Be working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Computer Science, Digital Technologies, or equivalent
- Demonstrate strong affinity with code development and web technologies
- Be willing to tackle new challenges independently and as part of a team
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, car allowance, bonus scheme, generous holiday and pension. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.#li-bd1
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Recent College Graduate
Job Type: Full-time