- Design and implement improvements to SOLR deployment, usage, performance and security aspects
- Implement SOLR extensions on top of SOLR or Lucene stack
- Work closely with architecture team to transform the solution architecture of search platform components.
- Serve as a technical lead and technical domain expert
- Design, develop, modify, and implement software programs for products
- Provide innovative solutions to problems in the area of search
- Implement code, code reviews, and software integration. Ensure that resultant deliverable is consistent with design
- Maintain and support current software modules
- Ensure that appropriate code reviews and unit tests are performed
- Communicate and consult with other developers and stakeholders
- Research - Maintain technical expertise in area of specialty by following technical advances in industry and academia
- Perform research to determine possible technical solutions to long-term technical issues
- Develop new ideas.
- Degree in Computer Science / Engineering or related areas
- 8+ years of hands-on experience in developing enterprise grade software solutions
- 5+ years of deep technical knowledge of search domain and SOLR stack
- 5+ years developing enterprise search solutions using SOLR
- 5+ years of software development experience using C++ or Java
- 3+ years of experience building enterprise grade applications using modern architectural patterns such as microservices
- 3+ years of experience in a technical lead or architect role
- Good knowledge of data structures and algorithms for handling data at scale
- Good knowledge in building RESTful APIs and object/service oriented architectures
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.