At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: SISW - EDA
Job Title: Account Technology Manager (PCB) - 253802
Job Location: Northeast US
The Account Technology Manager (ATM) is responsible for development and execution of the strategy to achieve specific business targets and strategic objectives for The Siemens EDA Systems Business offerings - EBS and Valor products (Xpedition, Hyperlynx, Valor platforms) - within the territory.
The ATM will need to drive the priorities of all the System products opportunities in the territory and provide a clear prioritization for resource allocation to the field technical resource management and BU. This person will thus be responsible for maintaining up-to-date data for tracking engagements including sales stage, progress against plan, action items, risks and prioritization.
As part of this role, the ATM is responsible for defining the technical account plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the initial win, proliferation, and strategic development partnerships with customers in the territory. This
person will work closely with the Account Manager to develop this plan and the Account Manager must ultimately approve this plan. Growth through competitive replacement and new business growth is the primary focus of this role.
This person is expected to uncover and qualify competitive replacement opportunities, work with Account Manager to develop technical campaign, secure technical resource and buy-in from both field technical
management and BU, and drive the campaign to closure. Providing critical field intelligence back into the EBS and Valor BUs is also required to make sure the product direction and roadmaps are aligned with the customer
needs in the territory.
The initial focus for this role will be to drive business in a set of assigned accounts that have either a heavy systems-design component or are part of the PCB eco-system. In the systems space, the ATM will be recognized
as the go-to resource to lead opportunities that are heavily influence by a systems-design component.
Develop the overall PCB Design and Analysis and Valor product strategy along with the field technical management to achieve business targets and strategic objectives based on WTO and BU needs. Business targets and strategic objectives are defined by WTO in conjunction with the BU. The strategy to achieve those business targets requires the construction of a top-down and bottom-up plan account by account within a territory (including calling out strategies to capture unidentified business in that territory)
• Define technical account engagement plans and campaigns necessary to achieve the results. The strategy and plans for each account must be approved by the Account Manager.
• Lead and manage the account campaigns for the specific product lines.
• Ensure understanding of all elements of any technical campaign - decision process, success criteria, committed usage upon success, run rate impact, AE resources required and, of course, solving the customer’s problem.
• Establish regular meetings with specific customer management to support successful campaigns
• Align with account team on business opportunities and build up the engagement tracking mechanism to ensure ability to summarize data and communicate progress vs plan across multiple accounts effectively
• Define, track and report the priorities for all engagements at every stage and communicate closely with technical management helping to prioritize engagements and short vs. long-term objectives
• Build strong customer relationships to enable establishment of strategic relationships for Mentor in product / technology
• Serve as the key field resource to summarize competitive threats and opportunities
• Collect and communicate customer feedback, competitive information, and general field intelligence into the EBS BU with the goal of aligning product direction and roadmaps to the customer needs within the territory.
• BS Degree or equivalent
• 10+ years of related experience.
• Financial understanding to enable selling at a business level
• Product, market, and industry expertise in PCB design and analysis technology
• Negotiating skills
• Prospecting/uncovering skills
• Create and maintain technical campaigns
• Set appropriate expectations and decision criteria
• Excellent communication skills
• Ability to successfully drive closure of technical campaigns
• Ability to effectively work in a highly matrixed organization across account management, the field technical organization, and the business unit R&D and Marketing teams
• Professional customer presence
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.