At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow’s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
This position is for a Software Engineer working on a large-scale commercial CAD application. The employee will perform design and software programming for the NX CAD product with a focus on surpassing customer expectations and achieving high quality and on-time delivery. The position requires performing all of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) steps of software design. The employee will create, document, and execute software designs for focused product areas. Some customer interaction may be required.
- Analyze user requirements
- Design, implement, software algorithms in the ongoing development of a state-of-the-art commercial mechanical computer-aided-engineering system with emphasis on Drafting, Product and Manufacturing Information (PMI), and Model-Based Definition (MBD) application areas.
- Support, maintain and document software functionality
- Software testing and quality assurance
- Develop software compatible with company standards
- Utilize object-oriented programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is high quality and the architecture is maintainable and expandable
- Evaluate and identify new technologies for implementation
- Integrate software with existing systems
- Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or other related technical disciplines from reputed institutions.
- Professional software development experience with CAD/CAE software products specifically in the areas of Drafting, PMI, MBD, Solid Modeling, Assembly Modeling, etc. is desired.
- Proficiency in C/C++ programming languages
- A comprehensive understanding of computer science concepts including advanced data structures, object-oriented analysis and design, etc.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and debugging, etc.
- Conversant with modern software engineering methodologies
- Logical thinking and Creative problem-solving
- Strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both in a team and alone
- Ability to prioritize activities and deliver projects on time with quality
- Motivation and a willingness to continue to further your knowledge and skills
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.