At Siemens Digital Industries Software, you will join a globally distributed team that's driving the future of marketing. We believe in people-first marketing and people-first work! We are looking for a Technical Content Specialist to join the Global Strategy & Marketing Team.
As a Technical Content Specialist, you understand how to translate complex technical topics into relevant, compelling and easy to understand content. You accomplish this by doing research, conducting internal and external interviews, and by collaborating with subject matter. Through these interactions, the Technical Content Specialist will recommend, define and write appropriate assets -- such as white papers, ebooks, infographics, blog articles, presentations, fact sheets and brochures -- that align with both the defined target personas and stage(s) of the buyers journey. You will also assist in the creation and editing of campaign messaging, positioning and value propositions or other materials deemed vital to drive the success of our solutions in the market.
Our challenge is to understand our target personas and buyers journey; and to build creative content to support the acquisition and retention of customers. This job includes creating written content such as blogs, white papers, factsheets and web content, as well as visual content, e.g. images. There is also a need for creative design input for executive presentations. You will work with senior leaders to understand messaging, positioning, go-to-market differentiation and deliver impactful content to communicate this in our markets.
Are you ready to change the future with us?
• Strategizes, writes and edits content in support of marketing campaigns and online web properties. Content could range from white papers, ebooks, infographics, blog articles, web landing pages and webinars to sales presentations, fact sheets and brochures – with an emphasis on assets that work best in an online/digital world
• Works in agile fashion and willing to step into any number of projects, as needed
• Contributes to editorial calendar for blog posts and social media content
• Performs SEO and creates keyword lists for assets and search ads
• Manages relationship and projects with third-party writers
• Tracks and implements messaging changes and solution updates to keep assets up-to-date
• Collaborates with solutions marketing to stay current on solution updates, messaging and future upgrades
• Contributes to messaging briefs, buyer personas, competitive positioning and other source documents from solutions marketing
• Acts as campaign owner designee for assigned product and/or solutions marketing demand generation campaigns and ensures that content is delivered according to agreed upon execution timelines
• Works with solutions marketing to adjust the asset and tactic mix of assigned marketing campaigns according to performance data to ensure KPIs are met
• Collaborates across the broader organization (such as product management, portfolio management, industry marketing, etc.) to ensure consistency of cloud messaging
Skills and Abilities Required:
• Comfortable working across geographically dispersed teams
• Highly skilled at project management
• Strong process and metric orientation
• A customer first mindset
• Proven writing and editing skills
• Success in taking complex technical information and converting that into a range of relevant and easy-to-understand content, such as whitepapers, infographics, tips and tricks, blog articles, social media posts, online advertising and other material that meets the needs of our campaign asset strategies
• Demonstrated success developing relevant and compelling content designed to resonate with customers in the industrial space (automotive, aerospace, industrial machinery, heavy equipment, high-tech and electronics, etc.)
• Understanding of current content trends, such as writing for the web, best practices for better inbound content conversion, persona-driven content targeting, SEO/SEM and keyword optimization
Education and Experience Requirement:
• 3-8 years of relevant professional experience
• Excellent oral and written communications skills
• Excellent problem solver
• Ability to work with all types of personalities and lead people to a common end state
• Bachelor’s degree – or equivalent professional experience – in English, marketing, communications or related technical disciplines such as engineering or manufacturing
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.