EVI Account Manager – Electromobility
Location: Ideally based in Dorset, near our HQ in Poole. Other locations will be considered for the right candidate.
Do you work within the existing and growing world of electric vehicle charging or do you have the skills and ambition to work in this exciting market?
Siemens Mobility has been delivering electric vehicle charging equipment since 2010 and using a decade of experience we are well positioned to support the private and public sectors in delivering the infrastructure required. As well as providing hardware solutions, Siemens provides its customers with services such as installation, commissioning, and maintenance. Siemens also has established partners to provide turnkey solutions including network operation.
The successful candidate will work to improve Siemens’ market position and achieve financial growth in the growing Electric Vehicle Infrastructure (EVI) market. The role requires building key customer and industry partner relationships, identifying business opportunities, negotiating, and closing business deals, in addition to maintaining knowledge of the EVI market.
In this position you'll use your technical and specific EVI industry knowledge along with interpersonal and selling skills to provide advice and support to customers on the range of Siemens EVI solutions in order to achieve defined sales (orders) targets. You will seek out new clients and opportunities and develop long term relationships with existing clients, by managing and interpreting their requirements. Full training and support will be provided to the successful candidate.
The Account Manager will work closely with the Bid Management team to help prepare EVI bids and tenders, by providing customer insight, win strategies and customer specific technical requirements.
You will be a key point of contact for customers (predominantly Local Authority and associated Service Providers) and provide both pre and after-sales advice. You will need to be flexible, as frequent, extensive and unsupervised travel and working will be part of this role, with regular liaison and negotiation with customers and sub-contractors at both customer premises and EVI site locations. The role also requires attendance at industry bodies and events, marketing road-shows and close liaison with other members of the sales team and colleagues from a range of departments, including Bid Management, Marketing, Field Services and Product Lifecycle Managers.
The role requires a good understanding and working knowledge of technical sales and contract management approaches in a B2B environment.
What are my responsibilities?
Reporting to the Head of Sales EVI, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- Promote Siemens EVI products and services to ensure successful achievement of associated (orders) targets, ensuring work is secured in the most profitable manner (achieving margin targets) through the identification of new clients and product/service opportunities and the development of long-term relationships with existing clients.
- Develop sustainable account plans and sales strategies for the next 1-2 years.
- Managing and interpreting customer requirements and persuading customers that Siemens EVI systems and services best satisfy their needs.
- Manage and provide customer quotations, assist with writing bid & tender responses for new clients from a technical and customer requirement perspective.
- Help influence and negotiate tender and contract terms and conditions to meet both client and company needs.
- Provide pre-sales technical assistance and product education, working closely with the Product Life Cycle Group to ensure our offerings are technically feasible and in line with Siemens development roadmap.
- Provide monthly reports and sales forecasts in the agreed format.
- Manage all customer relationships and opportunities using our Customer Relationship Management tool.
- Maintain professional network and Siemens EVI visibility through the participation in industry events and professional organisations.
- Work with internal functions to ensure continued integration of EVI delivery within core business functions and existing processes.
- To be conversant with the complete Siemens EVI portfolio of products and systems and that of relevant competitors.
What do I need to qualify for the role?
- The role requires excellent oral and written communication skills, with customers, external partners, and internal colleagues at all levels.
- A combination of persuasiveness and adaptability, coupled with a technical, financial and commercial understanding.
- A consultative sales approach whilst being pro-active and confident.
- Proven relationship buildings skills evidenced in a business development, sales and marketing, commercial or engineering environment.
- An ability to work autonomously but also as part of a wider team, combined with a high level of organisational skills is vital.
- Good level of IT skills – Microsoft Office365 & CRM experience.
- Full UK Driving license.
- It is preferred that the successful candidate will hold a Bachelor's degree in a technical or business administration field and experience within the automotive, traffic or EVI industry is highly desirable.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 381,000 great minds who are all making the future and you could be one of them. We have offices across the UK, full of talented individual’s helping us to challenge the today and work towards a brighter tomorrow.
Want to join us and be a Future Maker?
We’re excited to hear that you would like to join us here at Siemens. Our people love it here and we want you to be a part of helping us make real, what matters.
We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas, of the application form, to the best of your ability to help us review your suitability for the role. We will be in contact as soon as possible with an update on your application.
What else do I need to know?
Our compensation package includes a competitive salary, holiday allowance, pension and overtime. We celebrate the fact that our employees are individuals and have different wants and needs. With this in mind, we have a flexible benefits scheme where you can tailor your benefits package to suit you.
If we all thought the same, we would never think of anything new. That’s why we recruit great minds from all walks of life. We recognise that building a diverse workforce is essential to the success of our business, therefore we encourage applications from a diverse talent pool. We are proud to announce that we have partnered with VERCIDA, the UK's largest diversity and inclusion focused careers site where all our vacancies are in an accessible format. We welcome the opportunity to discuss flexibility requirements with our applicants to encourage agile working and innovation.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Limited
Experience Level: not defined
Job Type: Full-time