Who designs your future? You do.
Are you looking for a career where you can showcase your technical aptitude and passion for problem solving to ensure your customers can work in a comfortable, safe, and energy-efficient environment? Then look to Siemens!
Join our team! Recognized by Fortune as World’s Most Admired Companies 2020
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
What you will do for Siemens Smart Infrastructure:
Siemens Smart Infrastructure is seeking a Commercial / Industrial Fire Alarm & Security Sales Manager to lead, manage, and develop a team of sales professionals. You will focus on growing the Fire & Security business lines by driving Fire Alarm & Security Systems sales in new construction and life cycle and value-based service sales such as system migrations, fire alarm service, and sprinkler services directly to end-users/owners, electrical contractors, and indirectly through architecture and engineering firms. This position manages the Houston metropolitan area market and reports to the Houston Branch General Manager.
The ideal candidate will have experience managing and developing employees and bring existing relationships in the local market with a proven track record of success in selling new construction projects as well as end-user/owner Fire Alarm & Security System and Service Sales.
- A Manager incentive plan is offered in addition to a market competitive salary.
- Excellent Benefits package including, medical/dental/vision/life, matching dollar-for-dollar 401K up to 6%, and generous Paid Time Off, all of which start from Day One of employment.
- Managers use a Quick ramp-up time training with Siemens new Ready To Sell Development Program for all sales hires: A structured sales development program that provides new sales hires with a one-year plan for learning about the products, processes, and people that will help them achieve their performance targets in the least amount of time.
- Strong leadership skills with a passion for team building focused on: finding and hiring top talent, developing and leading a team of sales professionals to be strategic, innovative thinkers growing Fire Safety & Security and life cycle service solutions for our customers, and long-term employee retention.
- Possess the ability to coach a sales team on how to create customer need and drive business closed within a new and existing customer base.
- Collaborate with other Siemens sales groups such as Automation, Energy, and IoT sales to expand Siemens’s position within the market.
- Actively participate in senior-level selling on strategic projects or accounts as well as maintain senior-level relationships with existing owner / end user customers ensuring customer satisfaction and customer complaint resolution.
- Be actively involved in meetings, presentations and entertainment events with customers.
- Develop and implement a sales and marketing plan to drive market awareness and growth to meet business objectives.
- Actively seek out and leverage resources (tools, best practices, subject matter experts) within the company to drive innovation and new offerings.
- Key performance metrics include growth of: service contract base and consultative end-user/owner projects.
- High school diploma or state-recognized GED; Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis on engineering, management or IT preferred.
- Proven track record of success selling fire alarm systems and service / maintenance agreements; 5+ years preferred
- Experience managing a sales team; 3+ years preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English required.
- Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with limited violations
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
- NICET II Certification (or above)
- Technical proficiency in IT, building technologies, demand side energy management and other related components
- Successful history of managing and developing a team.
Fire Alarms, fire alarm system, Fire life safety, nicet, nfpa, axis ax, wheelock, exceder, 4100es, truealert, safelinc, next-in protection, firelite, fire light, fire-light, silent knight, simplex, siemens, notifier, edwards, est, gamewell, mircom, fike, vigilant, siemens xls, siemens mxl
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.