At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalmindsPosition Overview
Join us to help drive automation engineering into the Information Technology domainKey Responsibilities
Leads the design, implementation, testing, and documentation of software used in industrial control and diagnostics. The engineer will work in an agile development environment with a team passionate about delivering effective and robust software solutions for Siemens customers.
The engineer will work with both domestic and international stakeholders, which may directly include product owners, managers, and architects. They must be proficient in problem solving and learning new technologies when needed. They must be driven to make progress in the face of uncertainty and provide task and technical direction for the more junior engineers working with them.Skills
- Meaningful experience in design, implementation, and testing of software
- Experience in .NET Core or related technology, with ability to learn
- Able to analyze complex customer requirements to propose and estimate technical solutions
- Able to analyze complex technical problems and provide solutions
- Experience using SIMATIC microcontrollers and their related engineering systems
- Experience with Internet-of-Things (IoT) technologies and best practices
- Education: BS in Computer Science (or related) degree or higher
- ~5-8 years of software engineering experience
- Excellent work ethic and attention to detail; self-motivated
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills for both a technical and management audience
- Strong leadership skills to jump into areas of uncertainty and blaze a path for others
- Provide day-to-day technical direction for other engineers in their immediate team
- Able to work efficiently in a local team and a larger team around the globe
- 5-10% domestic or international travel
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.