We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Customer Service Center Mexico Position Overview
The purchasing operator is responsible for all purchasing activities within their assigned supplier and/or operational scope. The purchasing operator reports into the purchasing supervisor or manager (if applicable).
The objective of the purchasing operator is to execute purchase orders that are consistent with business requirements (materials and services) according to Siemens’ Procurement policies and procedures. Additionally, the purchasing operator is tasked with ensuring the quality of the procurement data/information that is being transmitted to the supplier and internally to other functions. Critical to achieving success in this role is a deep understanding of relevant policies, processes, systems, and communication tools.
Job responsibilities and activities include (but are not limited to) the following:
• Reviewing purchase requisitions for completeness and accuracy, working with requisitioners to improve PR quality, coaching requisitioners to improve process execution.
• transaction-specific supplier negotiations and alerting strategic procurement colleagues (commodity managers and field procurement) of potential cost reduction opportunities.
• Timely conversion of purchasing requisitions into purchase orders, communication of purchasing orders to suppliers, supplier follow-up on order confirmations for availability, expected delivery dates, and supplier expediting.
• Internal customer communication to purchase order status.
• Identification of master data quality issues.
• Closure of unprocessed POs that are no longer valid, maintenance to purchase orders to ensure correctness and resolve payment issues.
• Creation of return purchase orders to support material return process.
• Retaining all relevant documentation according to the policy.
• Backup support of other purchasing operators,
• Participating in educational opportunities to expand job-relevant knowhow and skillset.
• Follow the Siemens' policies.
• Contribute to the Procurement mission and Company objectives.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience:
• College Degree
• 3+ years of experience working as an operational buyer
• Computer skills a must – Microsoft Office and file management
• SAP experience – Purchasing - related Modules (MM)
• Supply Management, Vendor Relationships, Purchase Contract Execution
• Detail oriented, accurate, and organized
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English
• Customer service approach – responsive and thorough
• Self-directed – ability to work independently (supervised remotely)
• Collaborative – ability to work internal within team members and with other functions to solve problems effectively
• Professional Certification in Procurement or Supply Chain (e.g. ISM - CPM, CPSM) are a plus
• Be able to multi-task and manage high volume work effectively and accurately.
• Fluent in the English language.