Siemens Mobility is adding an experienced workplace safety specialist, advocate, and champion to our growing and expanding Overhaul and Maintenance business in McClellan Park, Sacramento Ca. We have facilities through-out the United States.
Come own the process of developing and implementing comprehensive EHS programs crafted to prevent injuries and ensure compliance with all pertinent regulations through daily interaction with managers, supervisors, and employees encompassing our multiple locations. In this impactful and purposeful role, time, and energy, will be focused on the production and office areas observing and guiding managers and team members on all matters related to the health and safety of our valued employees.
What will you be doing:
• Own the day- to -day safety functions of our Overhaul and Maintenance programs
• Develop performance indicators and provide data for process measurement to identify root cause of problems and sustainable solutions in a team environment.
• Support hourly associates with regards to safety programs and influences high engagement and participation in all workplace initiatives
• Review projects coming on- line which involve new equipment and facility upgrades
• Establish individual goals which are aligned with the Company's business strategies and objectives.
• Promote and facilitate a chemical guidelines program including approval of SDSs, hazard communication training, and waste disposal.
• Produce and perform contractor safety programs
• Build and launch a personal protective equipment program by identifying the appropriate materials for job functions, and training
• Refresh and upgrade our comprehensive LOTO program
• Collaborate with local emergency response ensuring that there is site preparedness for any crisis
• Encourager employee participation through energy and passion for workplace safety experience
• Implement in house programs with high valued consultants and subject domain specialists and partners
• Provide informational and professional assistance when collaborating with the public as well as our customers and co-workers.
• Build clarity with good oral and written communication skills.
• Craft new procedures and approaches to problems within an established field.
• Resilient in the presence of challenges while embodying a proactive approach to problem solving
• Foster interpersonal relationships based on our values of openness, respect, and trust
• Accurate and timely completion of projects and/or reports.
What you will need to be successful:
• Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related EHS subject area
• 5 years of broad and deep employee health and safety experience in a manufacturing environment
• Strong familiarity of OSHA, EPA, CAL OSHA and state and federal safety rules and regulations
• Proficient computer skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook.
We would be impressed if you had:
• Rail industry knowledge
• Manufacturing experience
• Certified Safety Professional (CIP)
What makes Siemens Mobility so special?
• We are # 9 On Forbes Great Places to Work and Diversity List
• Health and Wellness: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, HSA, Commuter Benefits
• Vacation & Time Off: Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Personal / Sick Days, Maternity/Paternity Leave,
• Financial & Retirement: Savings Plan, Performance Bonus for Key Roles, Merit Increases, Relocation
• Professional Development: Tuition Reimbursement, Promote from Within, Mentor Program, Access to Online Courses, Lunch & Learns