eMeter is at the heart of the Internet of Things and Smart Grid revolution sweeping the globe: every electric, gas, and water meter around the world is being replaced by a smart meter that can measure precisely when and how much energy is consumed. We’re one of two major product portfolios making up the Siemens Digital Grid Software Unit and are the leading provider of software that manages the enormous stream of data generated by smart meters and a growing number of other types of devices and sensors on the smart grid network.
The EnergyIP suite of smart grid applications enables utilities and their customers to lower costs, provide better service, and make smarter energy decisions. It is built on a common IoT platform that uses state of the art technologies for distributed, high volume processing, storage and analysis for both transactional and analytics applications. Our growing suite of applications includes smart meter data collection and billing (“meter to cash”), outage detection, demand response, energy efficiency monitoring, customer portal, plus a suite of big data analytics apps for analyzing consumer behavior and optimizing the distribution grid.
We offer technically challenging work, opportunity for growth, an open and collaborative culture, and the chance to make a difference.Responsibilities
eMeter is seeking a DevOps Engineer with a heavy concentration on the infrastructure and operations side of the spectrum. The candidate must have an affinity towards build and release management and should be motivated to produce the highest quality and efficiency in the automated systems they implement, while following industry best practices. Develop, analyze and maintain tools that support and automate processes for software product release. Serve as a mentor in Git best practices as eMeter transitions from client-server source control to Gitlab. Work with product management and development to design and maintain complex infrastructure as code utilizing Terraform and Ansible. Must have a command of AWS architecture and components. First and foremost, we seek an individual who is enthusiastic, quick to learn, and team oriented. Responsibilities to include:
- Guide and assist the Build and Release team in their goal to convert source control from Perforce to Gitlab. This includes best practices for structuring code repositories on Git in an intuitive and secure manner. Assist the team in creating new rules around branching, pull requests and code release.
- Be our Git evangelist and subject-matter-expert for the greater R&D team.
- Maintain and improve upon existing Infrastructure as Code.
- Develop and maintain Jenkins pipeline jobs. At the same time, look into utilizing Gitlab CI alternatives.
- Troubleshooting problems with builds, automated deployment systems and tools.
- Develop high level and detailed designs, implementation, and automated tests.
- Help to foster an environment of open communication, creative thinking, problem solving, and cohesive team effort.
- 4+ years of experience in Software Development managing build and release processes for large, JAVA/J2EE enterprise applications and cloud-based SaaS offerings.
- Strong proficiency in a scripting or programming language. Python, Groovy, Ruby, Shell, Java.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with a cloud services platform, AWS preferred.
- Experience with the Linux operating system and Linux command line tools
- Understanding of AWS components and infrastructure:
- VPC, networking, security
- Route 53
- RDS (Oracle preferred)
- Proficiency with Terraform and Ansible.
- Expert in Git, with Gitlab CI experience preferred.
- Proficiency with Jenkins and pipeline code.
- Experience in developing custom automation tools to integrate with or enhance CI/CD infrastructure.
- Strong team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion.
- A constant desire to grow, learn, and explore new things.
- Passionate about developing amazing user experiences.
- Strong technical English written and verbal communication skills. Ability to clearly explain and document technical ideas and designs, developer guidelines, operations guides, and prepare and conduct technical presentations and knowledge transfers.
- Proven ability to work closely as part of a small development team, providing design review and guidance, code review, test case review. Must be able to work with teams based in US and India
- BS in Computer Science (or equivalent experience).
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.