Interested in helping to revolutionize the energy industry through better design? We are looking for multi-talented passionate designers who want to work across the complete design lifecycle from problem discovery, ideation, user research to productization. We love to continuously learn with an entrepreneurial spirit to make complex things simple and delight users with useful creativity. The UX Architect is a key driver for user experience innovations across all products within the product portfolio. The position reports to the Director of UX Design within the Smart Infrastructure Software division. This is a strategic role that both defines the right things to build and helps build it right.Responsibilities
- Supervise a small design team to define, execute, and deliver projects on-time across multiple workstreams
- Manage and lead co-creation and Design Thinking workshops that brings together customers, expert services, and other stakeholders
- Ideate with cross-functional teams to develop business requirements, use cases, and customer journeys
- Create process flows, wireframes, visual mockups, and other artifacts to effectively conceptualize, communicate, explore, and validate design ideas
- Own the design system, including visual assets, by contributing to content, reinforcing its usage, and evolving it to meet new needs
- Work with technologists to rapidly build and iteratively refine realistic, interactive, and data-rich prototypes
- Conduct qualitative and quantitative user research
- Write clear and concise high-level designs and UI specifications with sufficient details to ensure high quality outcomes
- Make the UX practice better by mentoring designers and developers, and continually improving the design process
- A portfolio demonstrating enterprise work and UX process artifacts (i.e., wireframes, journey maps, personas) is required
- 8+ years of industry experience as a UX designer or similar role working end-to-end from discovery to production and optimization
- Lives and breathes Design Thinking, Lean UX, and customer-centricity
- Have a creative builder's “just do it” mentality: learn and apply new complex concepts fast, resolve ambiguity, invent fearlessly, and iterate quickly
- Excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and analytical skills, including ability to persuade multifunctional stakeholders, executives, and customers
- Experience with advanced data visualization, big data analytics, geospatial maps, and enterprise software
- Proficient with mockup tools (e.g. Balsamiq), and static prototyping tools (e.g. InVision)
- Bachelor degree in human-computer interaction (HCI), interaction design, user experience design, systems/industrial design, related fields, or equivalent web application design experience.
- 12+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years supervising and mentoring designers
- Passion for collaboration with multidisciplinary teams in a fast-paced culture and shifting priorities.
- Experience with defining and improving usability and product metrics
- Experience designing with web components (W3C standard), React, Angular, or similar platform
- Experience with web applications in the energy and utilities industry
- Knowledge of visual design, interaction design, information architecture, customer experience, and service design principles
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.