Siemens Mobility is a separately managed company of Siemens AG. As a leader in transport solutions for more than 170 years, Siemens Mobility is constantly innovating its portfolio in its core areas such as intelligent traffic systems as well as related services. With digitalization, Siemens Mobility is enabling mobility operators worldwide to make infrastructure intelligent, increase value sustainably over the entire lifecycle, enhance passenger experience and guarantee availability. In fiscal year 2020, which ended on September 30, 2020, Siemens Mobility posted revenue of €9.05 billion and had 38,500 employees worldwide. For the new Siemens Mobility spin-off of Yunex Pte. Ltd. in Sydney we are looking for a Project Commercial Professional for the Australian business.
We have an opportunity for a Legal Counsel to join our Mobility team. As the role will provide support on legal topics and projects across Australia we are flexible on location and are happy to consider candidates being based in our offices in either Docklands, Victoria, North Ryde in Sydney, Bowen Hills in Brisbane or Belmont in Perth. This role will report to the General Counsel based in our Brisbane office.
We are looking for a lawyer with strong front end construction law experience and your background will ideally include a mix of law firm experience together with either secondments or in-house experience. You will be responsible for the timely provision of legal advice across the Mobility business including reviewing and negotiating design & construct, goods supply, supply and install and software agreements (amongst others) directly with end customers and their legal representatives.
- Working with and providing advice to internal business partners as a trusted advisor on all legal and commercial matters.
- Managing the legal aspects of tenders from RFT through the negotiation and final execution phase.
- Identifying and analyzing legal risks and opportunities and driving solutions.
- Managing legal proceedings and claims including engaging and managing external counsel as required.
- Reporting on material legal risks and proceedings to meet relevant internal and external processes, regulations, and requirements.
- Ensuring adherence to Siemens’ policies and processes and corporate governance/compliance requirements.
- At least 3 years PQE predominantly in front end construction law (candidates with a higher level of experience up to Senior Associate level will also be considered)
- Experience working in a rail, resources, construction or energy environment would be beneficial.
- In-house experience or secondment experience would be beneficial.
- Must be able to work autonomously and to make decisions independently based on an assessment of risk.
- Flexibility to work outside of hours as required to manage matters with Siemens’ offices around the world (noting that Siemens has engaged the “New Normal” – see below).
Siemens has put in place a “New Normal” which encourages employees to work outside of the office two to three days a week as standard (although being full-time office based is also an option should an employee prefer). Mobile working explicitly means more than just working from home, instead, employees – in consultation with their supervisors – are able to choose the work locations where they’re most productive. It is envisaged that a flexible working arrangement will be agreed for this role.
Siemens is a proud equal opportunity employer, creating a work environment of diversity and inclusion. Our diverse workforce cultivates Innovation and Excellence and in turn creates a workplace where our employees belong and prosper. Diversity and inclusion helps us fully realise the potential of our people. As part of Siemens Ownership culture, Siemens also genuinely supports reasonable flexible working practices that empower our employees to best meet work and personal commitments.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility Pty Ltd
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time