Your new role – PhD student for Industrial AI (f/m/d)
Location: MCH P
Department: T RDA BAM MI-CORE-DE
Mode of Employment: Permanent / Full-time
Job Grade: ERA-Entgeltgruppe 10
Siemens Technology is the central in-house research unit at Siemens and as such occupies an outstanding position within Siemens' R&D facilities. It acts as a strategic partner to support the executive units with R&D services, protect the company’s intellectual property, coordinates the collaboration with top universities worldwide and supports its standardization activities in all business units and regions. Through its R&D activities in Germany, USA, China, India, Russia, Japan and Eastern Europe, Technology helps secure the company's technological future and strengthen its ambition.
Today's most successful applications of AI are enabled by massive Deep Learning systems that besides scientific progress rely on a combination of two ingredients, computational power and huge amounts of labeled data. From these two ingredients the latter is the major bottleneck which limits the applicability of Deep Learning based AI to a broader market. Especially for the industrial domain where the data and problems are highly domain specific, this poses a major challenge, since the generated data can only be labeled by a few number of domain experts. This fact is opposed to the common domain, where basically anybody can label the data (e.g. decide if an image shows a cat or a dog). In addition, the developed solutions are highly tailored which induce high development cost and lack scalability.
Our Machine Learning research department is looking for a passionate PhD student to join forces to tackle these challenges and drive AI adoption in the industrial domain.
How will you help change the future with us?
- Research and develop Meta-Learning and/or Self-Supervised Learning methods for fast and autonomous adaption of Deep Learning models in data scarce scenarios.
- Research and develop control algorithms for design processes and investigate in generalizability of these methods.
- Publish your work on well-respected Machine Learning Conferences and Journals.
- Generate Patents.
- Conduct reproducible and sharable research.
- Support in prototyping your research in the context of Siemens use cases.
What you need to bring to make real what matters.
- You have a Master in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Engineering or comparable.
- Hands-on experience in the field of Machine Learning.
- You show strong willingness and ability to rapidly acquire new skills and domain knowledge, initiative in taking on challenges, and have a strong achievement drive and perseverance
- Solid python programming skills.
- Practical experience in the field of Deep Learning, specifically Meta Learning, Self-Supervised Learning or Deep Reinforcement Learning is a plus.
- Practical experience with either TensorFlow or PyTorch is a plus.
- Practical experience with the ray library (tune, RLlib) is a plus .
- Good command of English.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
http://www.siemens.com/careers- if you would like to find out more about jobs & careers at Siemens.
As an equal-opportunity employer we are happy to consider applications from individuals with disabilities.
Company: Siemens AG
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time