Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Calculation of Secondary air system, Whole engine thermal & displacement modeling and clearance assessment for gas turbine development programs.
• Ownership of the Whole-Engine and SAS models for various gas turbine designs, including update and design review of models or model results
• Rapid support of design trade studies via secondary air system assessment & clearance evaluation.
• Provide back office support for engine performance tests and back office commissioning support as needed.
• Incorporate best practices from Siemens gas turbines regarding engine operations and controls.
• Support gas turbine Package Frame Owner, Customer, Projects, Marketing, and Sales support as required.
• Develop instrumentation and testing plans to support hardware field validation efforts.
• Develop Risk assessments (FMEA) and participate in Root-Cause investigations for gas turbine systems.
• Lead resolution of fleet operational issues and hardware validation when related to whole engine model.
• Familiarity with how secondary air system results are applied in whole engine thermo-mechanical modeling as it pertains to clearance optimization
• Ability to work with gas turbine component design groups to drive design changes to optimize sealing performance or engine clearances
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor/Master’s Degree in Mechanical/Aerospace engineering discipline from recognized university
• More than 10 years of experience in Gas turbine Secondary air system calculation, whole engine modeling, clearance calculations, sealing design.
• Detailed knowledge of gas turbine clearance modeling and /or secondary air system circuits modeling
• Detailed knowledge in the area of gas turbine operations
• Experience with Heat transfer, Fluid Mechanics or sealing technologies
• Experience in fluid-structure interaction modeling and conjugate thermal analysis
• Proficiency in one or more computational modeling tools for thermo-mechanical or computation fluid dynamics analysis including Ansys, SC03, Abaqus, NASTRAN, ProE, NX.
• Problem-solving skills
• Data analysis skills
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Positive Interpersonal skills i.e. team player, quick learner, ability to adapt quickly & effectively etc.
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time