Job title:Senior System Design Engineer (Fire)
At Siemens, we live and foster an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company's success. We trust and empower our leaders to act as owners, direct their teams, and innovate to succeed. We communicate openly and honestly to learn from our failures and celebrate our successes. We recognize individual and team achievements frequently. We invest in our team members, offering a wide variety of internal and external development opportunities.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Works with the sales team to understand project specifications and needs of the customer.
- Designs systems for complex or larger facilities which, depending on the system type, may include mechanical system layouts, electrical drawings, product schedules various Fire safety systems devices and control panel layouts.
- Interprets/designs sequences of operations to identify hardware and logic requirements for systems.
- Confirms design compliance with jurisdiction code requirements for Fire systems
- Modifies sequences as required.
- Analyzes plans, construction contract specifications and codes to determine project requirements and risks.
- Oversees the process of material selection and products.
- Makes recommendations related to productivity improvement and cost reduction to increase customer satisfaction and increase profitability of jobs.
- Follows up with sales and management to ensure job scope, specifications and schematics meet customer needs.
- Participates in sales to operations turnover meetings to evaluate accuracy of estimates and job layouts.
- Performs Quality Assurance of peer review for engineering documents.
- Mentors, trains and directs design activities of Engineering Team.
What you need to make real what matters.
- Bachelor’s in electrical engineering degree required
- 5-7 years of successful experience in designing complex FIRE systems with demonstrated competence in Smoke Control, VESDA, Suppression, Ares of Refuge.
- NICET Level II required
- Strong knowledge of fire codes and how they apply to Fire system design.
- Able to read/interpret electrical circuit diagrams.
- Strong Knowledge of AutoCAD 2021
- Strong relationship building skills; ability to interpret customer requirements, identify needs and resolve issues in a positive manner.
This role is based in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 396,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Organization: Global Business Services
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time