- Set up acoustic measurements using hydrophones and power balances, and also temperature measurements. Evaluate results and help with troubleshooting issues.
- You will carry out in-house instrument verification according to standard procedures, and manage external calibrations.
- To insure smooth day-to-day lab operation, you will maintain measurement equipment and ultrasound systems, and keep lab records.
- Together with other group members, you will participate in specifying, purchasing, and assembling new lab equipment, and improving lab procedures.
- You have experience with ultrasound hydrophone measurements, including alignment, care and handling. Experience with transducers, power balances and related equipment is helpful.
- You are comfortable with configuring and operating electronic instruments such as oscilloscopes and function generators.
- You have good computer and Office skills. Database familiarity is a plus, as is programming in LabVIEW, Matlab, Python or a related environment.
- You are familiar with temperature sensors, particularly thermocouples and infrared sensors.
- You can look for ways to improve measurement processes, and test your own and others’ improvement ideas
- Five years of related technical and lab experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to coordinate with other lab users, including setup and debugging work with remote users.
- Initiative and responsibility for independent work, good organization skills.
Organization: Siemens Healthineers
Company: Siemens Medical Solutions USA, Inc.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.