We are currently seeking for a Buyer Lead within our Siemens Mobility Customer Services Supply Chain Operations Team.
The position will be responsible for
coordinating the day-to-day functions for the buyers. Assists with ensuring
that departmental goals are achieved, timelines met, and service excellence
provided in all aspects of work. Subject matter expert. The Buyer Lead will
maintain an individual workload within the team as issue purchase orders to
approved suppliers to obtain materials at the lowest cost consistent with
quality and deliver reliability and urgency of need requested lead times for the
customer and standard product orders, manage supplier relationships, monitor
supplier performance, supplier quality as we as negotiated terms and
conditions. This position will assist the Supply Chain Management in executing
strategies at a tactical level. This position will be seated at McClellan
Park (Sacramento), CA.
- Organizes and controls the Supply Chain activities in the area of responsibility (e.g. Order management) with the objective of achieving cost benefits, delivery reliability and customer satisfaction through the best possible
- Supply Chain services (flow of material, value, information) as well as continuously optimizing Order management processes and the use of resources.
- Assigns work, plans and manages priorities, provides technical assistance, oversees schedules, monitors quality of work, team projects, provides constructive feedback, oversees staff training, ensures quality improvement, provides feedback on staff performance, and assists with goal setting for the buyers.
- Ensures orders for supplies, equipment and services are placed and expedited as needed orders.
- Control and monitor the supplier performance database and contract compliance.
- Manage supplier performance as supplier capability and supplier reliability with first and updated commit dates.
- Execute complex buying strategies to purchase and arrange timely deliveries of supplies and materials; expedites as needed and serves as liaison between vendors and users, getting prior approval for purchases in excess of established limits.
- Resolve complex delivery, quality or other related questions with purchases and invoices.
- Contribute to implementation and ensure usage of globally defined methods, processes and systems to ensure high process efficiency and process compliance (e.g., compliant Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) process, Procurement guidelines, IT systems)
Update project plans and purchasing systems, reviews and analyzes requisitions
and supply plans for domestic and international purchases.
- Work with cross-functional business partners as well as within Supply Chain Management (SCM) network, accounting, financial and controlling.
- Work in conjunction with procurement, supplier quality, logistics, warehouse for improving total cost of ownership of products/services.
- Leverage existing procurement processes and compliance while seeking to identify best management practices, improved procurement processes and other continual improvement initiatives to facilitate efficient processes.
Required Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s required.
A minimum of 2 years buyer professional work experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate success in applying complex knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices, and procedures of particular area of specialization.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization's business practices and issues.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload.
- Perform job duties with a sense of urgency.
Preferred Knowledge/Skills, Education, and Experience
IT Equipment Knowledge.
Qualified Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified Applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Organization: Siemens Mobility
Company: Siemens Mobility, Inc
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.