Can we energize society and fight climate change at the same time?
At Siemens Energy, we can. Our technology is key, but our people make the difference. Brilliant minds innovate. They connect, create, and keep us on track towards changing the world’s energy systems. Their spirit fuels our mission.
Our culture is defined by caring, agile, respectful, and accountable individuals. We value excellence of any kind. Sounds like you?
We make real what matters. This is your role
• Support of the gas turbine research and development team to develop the next turbine generation within a quickly changing global energy market
• Creation of technical offers for new unit gas turbines as well as modernizations and upgrades with focus on core engine hardware
• Analysis of technical risks related to design changes
• Communication within the engineering and service to define required hardware scope on a site-specific basis within defined boundary conditions
• Product development support for component engineering
o Creation of drawings in 3D CAD Software (Preferred in NX or Creo)
o Creation of material masters and bill of materials in SAP
o Creation of upgrade documentation in PCM-System (Bsols)
• Controlling and scheduling of R&D projects incl. load evaluations on department level in MS-Excel or MS-Enterprise
• Support of COE projects for first time applications with technical product documentation
• Analysis of power plant data to derive appropriate upgrade products for this engine
• Support testing preparation and field validation including testing on customer sites.
• Lead and facilitate fast resolution of technical issues of upgraded engines. This includes evaluation of a root cause, solution development and implementation followed by verification/validation.
• Support R&D planning process for future.
We don’t need superheroes, just super minds
• Bachelor/Master’s degree in mechanical, Materials or Aerospace Engineering from recognized university
• More than 6 years of experience in gas turbine, aerospace or equivalent field in two or more roles (engineering or operation)
• Excellent working knowledge of the design and operation of gas turbines incl. thermodynamic understanding
• Advanced skills in MS-Office, NX and/or Creo CAD Software, SAP, Teamcenter and PCM documentation, VBA Programming
• Strong project management experience and drive; demonstrated ability to receive a development target and drive it to completion.
• Very good verbal, written and virtual communication skills.
• Be comfortable working on different development projects, with colleagues in multiple time zones.
• Demonstrated ability to support in multi-skilled professional teams.
• Ability to establish relationships, build networks in a global team setup.
• Proven examples of proactive leadership and initiative.
• Familiarity with the Product Development Process (PDP) as well as six sigma and lean principles and tools
• Willingness to travel abroad
• Fluent proficiency in spoken and written English
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and imagination, and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
Organization: Siemens Energy
Company: Siemens Limited
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time