Role: Devops Engineer
Electrical Energy keeps the world moving. No matter where the power comes from or where it needs to go we make sure it makes its way.
Can you help us shape the future? We’re looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our Smart Grids and Infrastructure team as a Devops Engineer and help us create the technology that will transform entire industries, cities and even countries.
What will the future look like? What can we look forward to? We don´t know for sure. That´s why we need true pioneers who, while exploring the world of research and development, trigger innovative projects and come up with unusual paths towards a solution – our drive to make the “impossible” possible has no limits! This is your chance: drive global change with us.
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world. Join our team and enjoy the freedom to think in completely new categories.
What part will you play!
- Analyze software requirements and software functional specifications in accordance with business needs
- Design and develop software product installations using Windows Installers (MSI & WiX)
- Maintain multiple product installations and their maintenance releases (Service Packs, Hotfixes)
- Customize product installations using C++ programming language
- Ensure that the delivery conforms to organization and project quality requirements and continuous integration of solution artifacts into software configuration management system within committed delivery timelines
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders on requirements analysis, installer development, installer maintenance and continuous delivery
Use your skills to move the world forward!
- We need a B.E/ B. Tech/ MCA/ M.E/ M. Tech/MSc graduate with 2 t 6 years of experience in software release and deployment
- Good knowledge in Windows Installer Concepts (MSI, MSP, MST, Upgrades, Custom
- Actions, Sequences)
- Strong knowledge and experience in WiX
- Hands on experience in Tools like InstallShield, Orca etc.
- Good programming knowledge with object-oriented concepts - C++
- Proficient in scripting languages - PowerShell, Batch, Perl
- Knowledge on DevOps practices & toolchains
- Experience in working with Lean/Agile software development projects
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good communication skills (oral and written) and a quick learner of new technologies
- and trends
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with various stakeholders
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is based in Bangalore. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries.
We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time