Siemens Digital Industries is a leading innovator in automation and digitalization. Our mission is to support customers in leveraging growth, profit opportunities and ecological footprint in the discrete and process industries. Our Digital Enterprise portfolio integrates virtual and real worlds - with a unique end-to-end portfolio and Digital Twins across the entire value chain. It focuses on the needs of specific verticals. We continually expand our Digital Enterprise portfolio to include ground breaking technologies and offer industry-specific end-to-end solutions for companies of all sizes.
Join our Digital Industries as the Senior Automation & IoT Engineer in Egypt and help us re-imagine the world by finding solutions and making the world a smarter place for tomorrow.
Your Role - Challenging And Future-Oriented!
- Design Clarification: Reviewing the specifications released by customer; clarifying the scope and estimating man-hours and material requirements for jobs.
- Engineering: Assuring Software and hardware engineering testing jobs are done timely and within the budget.
- FAT: Organizing the review and test of engineered system with customers, conclude successful FAT with end users.
- Documentation: Assuring all project documentation is updated according to the documentation structure.
- Offshore work: Ensure that the final engineered solution is implemented successfully at offshore sites.
Your Qualifications And Skills - Automation Focused And Solid!
- 4-6 years of professional experience as a Automation Engineer
- Experience with IoT applications is a must.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or related discipline (Electronics, Computer Engineering, Mechatronics, etc.)
- Siemens S7 Automation Systems knowledge will be preferred.
- Identifying, validating and integrating cutting IoT technology into Siemens OT platforms
- Analyze complex industrial products on performance and scalability, suggest improvements, implement proof of concepts and documents and present findings
- Hands- on coding and scripting language like Python , C , C++ , Visual Basic
- Working knowledge on Siemens PLC system: Simatic S7 400, F and FH systems. Safety Systems, S7 1200, S7 1500, Profibus, Profinet, Modbus, Ethernet networks. PDT, TIA Portal (preferred)
- Full knowledge of Client-Server architectures, Historians, and knowledge of VMWare / Virtual systems is preferred. Windows Server, MS SQL Server, VMWare / Virtualization,
- Hands on work experience with SCADA , IOT systems and Networking
- Working with estimates for upcoming jobs, and ability to lead team members to achieve work within the estimate limits
- Work as team leader or leader of certain tasks as i.e. documentation. Must have ability to motivate and develop team members
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, multicultural environment as a team and as an independent contributor.
- Must be flexible and have the ability to work under pressure on offshore sites providing trouble shooting support to offshore personnel.
What else do you need to know?
As a world leader in developing and producing the most advanced engineering technologies, we improve lives and further human achievements worldwide, while also protecting the climate - all thanks to our employees. Working with us, you have the foundation to develop personally and professionally. We give you the chance to do something significant, that benefits society and human progress. We give you the chance to create a difference.
Diversity at Siemens is our source of creativity and innovation. Having different types of talent and experiences makes us more ambitious and better prepared to respond successfully to the demands of the Society. Therefore, we value the candidates that reflect the Diversity that we enjoy in our Company. Please find more information at www.siemens.com
At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
We are looking forward to receiving your online application.
Please note: Only complete applications can be considered in the selection process.
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industrial LLC
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time