Provide clear leadership of an environment focused on Quality. Develop quality protocol and manufacturing process linked with customer expectations by way of the Integrated Management System (IMS) including: ISO9001, ISO45001, and ISO14001. Direct Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Controls Plans, Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA) and Supplier Quality Assurance (SQA) processes and oversee continued compliance across the business. Responsible for maintaining relationships with customers and suppliers to ensure profit potential, efficiency, and product quality. This position acts as the voice of the manufacturing plant and its customers. Accurate and successful interaction with the global supply chain is critical for this position. Work proactively with all Directors, Managers, Supervisors and Employees, for continual product and process improvement to lead the team to achieve quality targets for customers and business goals.
**Will consider experience level Quality Engineer in a quality assurance or quality control position.
• Contribute to the creation and implementation of best practice quality vision, strategy, policies, processes, and procedures to aid and improve operational performance
• Implement all relevant procedures described in the Quality Management System (QMS) and ensure compliance
• Ensure that all in-house systems and procedures are updated, revised, and modified to meet the needs of external certification bodies
• Respond to customer complaints putting in containment actions, corrective actions, root cause analyses, poka-yokes (error proofing), and implementing short-term and long-term countermeasures
• Act as the point of contact for warranty issues and claims as advised by Technical Customer Service
• Train others in all aspects of the quality system and application of procedures
• Management of the Quality Engineers and Technicians in the sign-off of parts and the resolution of internal/external quality concerns
• Report against agreed quality metrics monthly
• In conjunction with the Supplier Quality Assurance function, reduce the effect of non-conforming supplier materials on the production area quality
• Develop, implement, and manage key performance indicators (KPIs) for each area
• Develop and maintain strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders to ensure optimal performance
• Liaison with suppliers and customers to resolve quality issues.
What you will need:
• bachelor's degree in business or a related field
• Minimum of five years of experience in a quality assurance or quality control position
• Attention to detail.
• Excellent verbal and written communication with focus on liability risks.
• Data analysis and statistical aptitude and problem solving and multi- tasking skills.
• Good interpersonal skills and highly conscientious and diligent.
• Sound judgement and decision making along conflict resolution skills.
• Intermediate Excel including pivot tables and v-lookup
What sets you ahead of the pack:
• ASQ quality control certification is preferred.
• SAP experience
Applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States without need for current or future employer-sponsored work authorization.
Who designs your future? You do. Working within our global company, you can design the career of your dreams. We have over 200 offices in 101 countries providing you the opportunity to see the world or stay in your own back yard. Do you want to work for a company with innovating technologies? At Siemens, we can do this together.
Can you see yourself learning, growing, and succeeding in this exciting position? If so, we'd like to meet you.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: Siemens Industry, Inc.
Experience Level: Mid-level Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.