Do you want to be part of making our society “greener”? Do you want to be part of the Digitalization and help to reduce our carbon footprint? eMeter, a Siemens business, leads one of the major products of Digital Grid Software business unit – EnergyIP®. With its solutions around Meter Data Management, we help solving key problems for the Electric, Gas, Water and Heat industry.
We are looking for candidate with strong problem solving and debugging skills in an enterprise software support environment, and the ability to effectively manage multiple, demanding clients simultaneously. You should have a strong desire to resolve critical issues by communicating effectively and marshaling the issue to closure whilst maintaining a high customer satisfaction. You will be required to interface with various teams in the organization, such Product Management, R&D, Project Delivery, Sales Teams to support our EnergyIP customers.
Area of Responsibilities:
- Working with customers to resolve a broad variety of system and/or user challenges, driving resolution of customer issues, acting as customer advocate at Siemens, adhering to customer support standards, and working well in front of the customers.
- Prioritize and resolve the customer issues of varying severity within the defined service levels.
- Escalate customer issues as appropriate to other teams or management, drive issues to resolution.
- Develop a deep understanding of how to operate Siemens’s software end-to-end, learn Siemens’s products and become an expert on specific functional area.
- Deploy EnergyIP software on internal support environments, when needed, to enable in-house issue replication.
- Advocate for customer requirements into Siemen’s Engineering and Product teams.
- Develop client-facing knowledge base articles to expand customers’ self-help capabilities avoiding problem tickets.
- Be on-call for standby support to address critical issues on the weekends on rotational basis.
- Ensure adherence to Siemens’s professional standards and processes.
- Provide inputs for process and tool improvements, and documentation to continuously improve the software support process.
Required Qualification and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent
- 4-6 years of hands-on experience in a level 2/level 3 customer support or delivery service team, demonstrating strong problem solving and software troubleshooting skills as well as the ability to effectively communicate technical issues, prioritize them and enjoy working with customers.
- Hands on working knowledge of
- UNIX and Windows environment
- Basic networking concepts and use of basic commands like FTP, SSH, NETSTAT, PING etc.
- Technical troubleshooting experience of
- Oracle with sound knowledge of SQL
- Core Java in an enterprise software environment
- Apache Kafka middleware technology
- A self-starter, professional, friendly, and reliable with a “can do” attitude.
- Adaptable to frequent changes, quick to learn.
- Be a team player to work with our global support team located at various international locations.
- Excellent communicator both orally and in writing with an eye for detail in a challenging technical environment.
Skills that set you up apart from other candidates:
- Hands-on knowledge of
- Kubernetes and/or Zookepeer
- SDLC and/or working experience on an enterprise software
- Exposure to supporting an application hosted on AWS Cloud environment
- ActiveMQ middleware technology.
At Siemens, we are committed to an ownership culture, in which every employee takes personal responsibility for our company’s success. We utilize lean principles and seek to continually improve our processes and customers’ experience.
Can you see yourself, learning, growing, and succeeding here? If so we'd like to meet you!
We offer flexible vacation time, a matching 401K plan, profit sharing, full health, life, vision and dental benefits.
Organization: Smart Infrastructure
Company: eMeter Corporation
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Siemens is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Siemens follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.