Job title: Senior Software Engineer (DevOps Engineer)
Siemens founded the new business unit Siemens Advanta (formerly known as Siemens IoT Services) on April 1, 2019, with its headquarter in Munich, Germany. It has been crafted to unlock the digital future of its clients by offering end-to-end support on their outstanding digitalization journey. Siemens Advanta is a strategic advisor and a trusted implementation partner in digital transformation and industrial IoT with a global network of more than 8000 employees in 10 countries and 21 offices. Highly skilled and experienced specialists offer services that range from consulting to craft & prototyping to solution & implementation and operation – everything out of one hand!
Before our software developers write even a single line of code, they have to understand what drives our customers. What is the environment? What is the user story based on? Implementation means – trying, testing, and improving outcomes until a final solution emerges. Knowledge means exchange – discussions with colleagues from all over the world.
Join our Digitalization Technology and Services (DTS) team based in Bangalore.
This is your role. What part will you play?
- Deployment management, and maintenance of web applications.
- Ensuring availability, performance, and security, of the applications.
- System troubleshooting and problem resolution across various application domains and platforms.
- Ensuring that systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats by following, Pre-production acceptance testing for quality assurance.
- Providing recommendations for architecture and process improvements.
- Supervising the applications and understand the logging to seek issues
- Build opportunities to improve productivity and efficiency with lower costs, reduce non-conformance costs
- Responsible for Performance Management Process e.g., target setting, evaluation, and proficiency development
- Encourage partnership within own team and between teams, seek sources of information, initiate lesson learned workshops (Knowledge Management), Institute, maintain, optimize, and automate internal processes
- You will Implement, Innovate DevOps processes, solutions, and tools by utilizing Dev-Ops experience
- Coordinates activities with the developers, architects, onsite partners and Application Managers/Experts and controls execution according to the guidelines, Maintaining of Application Server [Tomcat/Jboss/WebSphere].
- You will be responsible for the responsibility of Securing AWS cloud environment. VPC Data Protection, Infrastructure Security etc...
- You will provide AWS Infrastructure designing and review and Lead and coordinate AWS cloud.
- You must have Qualification: BE / B.Tech / MCA / ME / M.Tech with least 1-demonstrated ability in system and application operations
- Experience in operating system administration (Windows, Linux) and networking
- Experience in Webserver technologies of MS IIS and Apache
- Good knowledge of application server knowledge like Tomcat, Glassfish ...
- Knowledge of database server like MSSQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL ...
- Experience on J2EE application, .net application and deployment
- Understanding on networking, firewall, security vulnerabilities
- Experience on cloud technologies is helpful.
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good experience on working with different teams like service and vendor team
- Awareness of DevOps principles, Ability to learn/use a wide variety of open-source technologies and tools
- Good interpersonal and time leadership skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time
- Excellent team working and interpersonal skills
- Strong sense of ownership and showing initiative
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
This role is in Bangalore, where you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the craft of things to come.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we encourage applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit and business need. Bring your curiosity and creativity and help us craft tomorrow.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.Find out more about Siemens at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow ‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time