The world is constantly evolving and we’re always thinking about what’s next. Can you help us build the technologies and innovations of tomorrow?
Our team of over 3,000 professionals forms a significant part of the global network of about 17,500 software guides within Siemens. In India, we have offices in Bengaluru, Chennai, Gurgaon, Noida, and Pune.
We are looking for a strong, hands-on product manager who can work to define enterprise software and Operation Control center solutions that drive Traffic Management System use cases related to Railways. We are specifically looking for senior individuals who understand the challenges of product management, legacy systems used in Railways, today’s technology environments, including open source technologies and how to incorporate them, can articulate a clear product vision and strategy, and work alongside platform and application developers, architects and enterprise application to build the next generation of ground breaking application for our customers.
This product management role is responsible for several critical pieces of the Operations Control Systems products and applications, which have been implemented at customers around the globe. As such, you will be responsible on how to define, launch and evolve these areas.
As a Senior Product Manager your position will require you to develop a strong customer community. You are strong in outbound activities, such as working directly with customers, sales, presales, professional services, product marketing, and other teams interacting with Siemens customers. You have effective verbal and written communication. The ideal candidate has a strong technical background, product strategy including budgeting & obsolescence management and management experience with customer-facing or employee-facing software applications and is poised to drive Siemens’s product portfolio with positioning and market differentiation.
Change the future with us!
- Work with business leaders to understand business questions and translate them into solution and products
- Collaborate across teams, geographies, and organizational levels to develop solutions that bring products into the business process
- Synthesize market research to set a strategic direction and priority for your product(s) and identify innovative ideas to incorporate in your product(s) roadmap.
- Build and evaluate business cases to support product investment decisions
- Communicate finding and insights to key stakeholders and influence these teams to take action based on your recommendations
- Collaborate with data scientists, application development other product management teams to seek deep technical problems and build outstanding solutions
- Author product specifications, broad of use cases, activity flow diagrams, screen mockups, identification of data sources, analytics, reporting, and integration requirements
- Act as the Product Owner in one or more scrum teams, setting the vision for the team, writing and prioritizing user stories, grooming the backlog, keeping the team focused, and communicating to partners regularly.
- Own end-to-end development and delivery of your product(s), including defining and tracking value to customers
- Work together with Marketing, Sales, Professional Services, and Support to promote the delivery of product features through training initiatives, documentation efforts, and customer / analyst demonstrations
- Be the product champion externally, and hardworking voice of the customer internally.
- Build business cases for the product, budget planning & negotiating with the product sponsors for budget approvals.
Use your skills to move the world forward.
- We need a professional with 10 + years of product management experience in an enterprise, SaaS company
- Experience in utility markets and knowledge of data-driven sales or employee performance measurements
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of an organization
- Highly flexible, ability to execute well in a fast-paced, constantly evolving organization
- Experience in writing logical, detailed and complete product requirements and functional specifications
- Able to develop and effectively communicate a product vision, strategy and roadmap
- Ability to translate business strategy into tactical plans and willingness to own execution to completion
- Strong self-starter with ambitious drive and proven track record to achieve stretch goals in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Comfort with deep technical details as well as high-level business goals and customer needs
- Program Management skills including ability to juggle multiple projects, meet deadlines, deliver results
- Knowledge and experience in agile software development process
- Experience in Railway domain & Safety Standards (e.g EN 50128/9)
- B.S. in Computer Science and/or Engineering, or other fields related to data science and analytics
We’ve got quite a lot to offer. How about you?
- Competitive compensation
- An opportunity to craft the future of autonomous systems
- Extraordinary researchers and engineers as team members
- We are an equal opportunity employer and adopt diversity
This role is based in Pune. You’ll also get to visit other locations in India and beyond, so you’ll need to go where this journey takes you. In return, you’ll get the chance to work with teams impacting entire cities, countries – and the shape of things to come.
Make your mark in our exciting world at Siemens.
We’re Siemens. A collection of over 379,000 minds building the future, one day at a time in over 200 countries. We're dedicated to equality, and we welcome applications that reflect the diversity of the communities we work in. All employment decisions at Siemens are based on qualifications, merit, and business need. Bring your curiosity and inventiveness and help us shape tomorrow.
Find out more about mobility at: https://new.siemens.com/global/en/products/mobility.html and about Siemens careers at: www.siemens.com/careers
At Siemens, we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
Company: Siemens Technology and Services Private Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time