At Siemens we are always challenging ourselves to build a better future. We need the most innovative and diverse Digital Minds to develop tomorrow‘s reality. Find out more about the Digital world of Siemens here: www.siemens.com/careers/digitalminds
NOTE: During the current global health crisis, the priority for Siemens Digital Industries Software is the health and well-being of our entire community including current and future employees, which may add time to our hiring processes. We appreciate your patience and invite you to visit our website to learn more about how Siemens is responding to the pandemic.
We are a leading global software company dedicated to the world of computer aided design, 3D modeling and simulation— helping innovative global manufacturers design better products, faster! With the resources of a large company, and the energy of a software start-up, we have fun together while creating a world class software portfolio. Our culture encourages creativity, welcomes fresh thinking and focuses on growth, so our people, our business, and our customers can achieve their full potential.Insight to role:
As a Software Engineer in Product Engineering Software (PES), you will dive into developing our premiere NX CAD software. Projects will focus on Architecture and User Interface (UI) Tools development. You will have the opportunity to partner with senior engineers and push the limits on our project teams.Main responsibilities:
- Design, implement, enhance, and maintain software as a member of the Architecture team for a large CAD application, Siemens NX.
- The Architecture team builds tools and services to be used by all NX applications to ensure a common user experience across applications and platforms, including desktop and web.
- Architecture and User Interface software spans multiple areas including:
- Toolkits for creating application user interfaces. Examples: menus, ribbons, dialogs, appearance, customization
- New technology investigation, innovation, and integration. Examples are virtual and augmented reality, cloud architecture and user interface, and new input paradigms.
- Collaborating with the product owners, support engineers and the content team to develop all aspects of the product experience from a technical perspective;
- Develop projects with efficient algorithms and state-of-the-art technology.
- Utilize object-oriented / structured programming techniques and other software engineering practices to ensure that the product is high quality and the architecture is maintainable, modular, encapsulated, and expandable.
- Actively maintain skill set by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry;
- Contribute as a team member in setting future direction.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Knowledgeable in Object Oriented Programming (OOP) techniques
- Strong coding skills in C++ or similar object-oriented language
- Product development experience and familiarity with the software development life cycle.
- Knowledge of advanced data structures.
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and written.
- Good problem-solving and decision-making skills.
- Capable of independent work as well as collaborative development.
It would be desirable, but not essential if the candidate has experience in any of the following:
- Experience with MFC, QT, or other UI Frameworks
- Experience with cross-platform development
Siemens Digital Industries Software is a leading provider of solutions for the design, simulation and manufacture of products across many different industries. Formula 1 cars, skyscrapers, ships, space exploration vehicles, and many of the objects we see in our daily lives are being conceived and manufactured using our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) software.
Siemens offers a comprehensive reward package which includes a competitive basic salary, generous holiday, pension and with some positions a bonus scheme and car allowance. Through our flexible benefits scheme you can select benefits that best suit your lifestyle, including private healthcare.
We are an equal opportunities employer and do not discriminate unlawfully on the grounds of age, disability, gender assignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation or trade union membership.#li-bd1
Organization: Digital Industries
Company: Siemens Industry Software Limited
Experience Level: Experienced Professional
Job Type: Full-time